1 - The King

MEHANA

A rough slap caused me to fall on the ground with such force that it made the inside of my mouth bleed. Despite being tainted in my own blood, I stood. I approached the figure that stood before me, his haughty purple eyes staring down at me with no emotion.

When did things start to go down?

My name is Mehana, a pro-hunter and also the adopted daughter of Chairman Netero. I heard about the chimera ants from the old geezer and thought it would be fun to check them out. The other hunters said they were strong after all.

Hence, my appearance at what seemed to be a harvesting field. There were many residents and farmers that worked under the heat of the sun. In a very far distance, I spotted the nest of the ants. It is huge and sturdy, for sure.

After a few minutes of observing the large tower-like nest, a shocking explosion echoed from the land near me. I shivered when I saw the man- the monster- approach the people a few yards away from me and ripped them apart in a single move.

It was horrifying. Yet I couldn't do anything but stare as the stench of blood surrounded me, as well as landed on me. Three other animal-like ants followed from behind.

The green-skinned ant that killed the people in front of me began to bite down on their flesh. I didn't blink, not even once when he spat out the blood and flesh of my own kind in disgust.

"Filthy." He said and tossed the corpses away. I panted under his presence, standing as still as I could ever be. How could he eat those innocent people and call them filthy?

"Your majesty, may I offer a suggestion? The brain is the tastier part of their bodies." The cat-like ant from behind said with a smile. I shuddered. Those three were also strong...but not as strong as the green one.

Wait...now that I think back to it, the old geezer did mention something about the queen feeding itself to give birth to a...a King! That's it...he must be the King.

"Also, may I offer another suggestion?" They asked. The ant that I assumed was the king, didn't say a thing. The cat-like ant proceeded. "There are humans that we call rare ones. They have an extraordinary aura-"

SLAP.

My eyes widen as I saw him flick his tail at his own servant's face with no care at all. They were only trying to help but he had punished them with a stinging slap.

"Are you mocking me?" He growled. "I know that these rare humans have an aura. I can tell. There's one right there." He suddenly pointed at me. I gulped and froze when his glowering eyes bore into mine.

"She is quite strong as well...perhaps as strong as you, Pitou." He smirks in interest. The white-haired Pitou raises their head to look at me. I could feel them inspecting me, trying to measure my worth.

However, I was soon distracted by the King, who slowly approached me. His smirk had faded, leaving his previous poker face on.

Then, he smacked me with his tail. It felt like a bottle of wine that crashed into my face. Thankfully, I had a fit body and I also used nen to avoid having my head chopped off.

"Oh...I was actually planning on killing you." He said monotonously. I looked at him in the eye. He meant it. He was actually trying to kill me.

"You won't." I blurted out, my heart ceasing to throb painfully against my chest. It felt like it was going to explode in anxiety.

"Oh? What makes you say that?" He questions and steps forward. I sweated under his overwhelming pressure.

"I am as strong as those three, aren't I? That means I can be of use to you." I said without thinking. If I didn't say anything more then I won't ever go back to the geezer alive!

"Are you proposing something?"

"..." I stayed silent. If I requested to become his knight, that would mark me as a traitor of humanity. But all I have that is worth something is my strength. What else can I offer?

SLAP.

"Hmm...so you weren't just lucky. You are strong, as you said." He smiled as I stood up, a thin trail of blood on my chin. Now, both of my cheeks were bruised.

"Told you..." I laugh and walk towards him again. He slapped me away with his strong tail again.

"Your majesty, I don't think it's proper to waste your time on such a lowly being, let us-"

"Silence." The king glares at the blond ant, who flashed me a glare filled with resentment. I returned him my own stink eye.

Why is he even angry at me for!? He should be angry at the king for basically telling him to shut up! Damn blond boy...

I stood up again and faced those purple eyes that gleamed in curiosity and wonder. He may be the king of ants but it seems like he still hasn't learned a lot about this world yet. Was he just born or something?

"Continue." He simply said. I charged at him, resulting in me on the ground. I repeated the same actions over and over until the next morning. The three ants watched from behind the king as I got beaten up repeatedly by a strike of his tail.

"Ten thousand and...five hundred..." I counted and finally collapsed on the dusty ground. I couldn't move at all. I was done for. I'm going to die. There is no way he will spare me.

"Hmph...you lasted longer than I expected you to." He finally spoke. I lost consciousness before I can hear the rest of his words.

THIRD PERSON

"Pitou, carry her." Meruem ordered as Shaiapouf flew with his king under his hands.

"Yes." Pitou obeyed and carried the unconscious girl in their arms.

"Your majesty, why did you bring her along? Wouldn't it have been better if you killed her?" Pouf questioned. On the inside, he really disliked the decision that was made. After all, his beloved king spared a human minutes after his birth. He was supposed to be his king, his glory, his light! Yet Meruem had done something unexpected way too soon.

"She is just a plaything to me. A punching bag. I let her live solely for my entertainment. Do you have a problem with that?" Meruem says dangerously.

"No, of course not!" Pouf smiles reassuringly. His king was not fazed by this woman. Of course, he is the King after all! There is no way a mere human could possibly change the king. With these thoughts in mind, he flaps his wings towards a large squared piece of property that looked like a palace.

"This is it. This will be the new place we live in." Meruem grins at the sight.