14 - The Butterfly's Intention

THIRD PERSON

"I can't believe this..." Pouf shuddered when his clone died under the rays of light. The human had killed his clone, and it wasn't even a chibi version!

"You seem to be having trouble over there?" Meruem looks back at chibi Pouf, who is now clinging onto the King's tail. Now that Pouf and Youpi shared their cells with Meruem, their thoughts and emotions are linked together.

"N-No! It is nothing for you to be concerned over." The butterfly ant smiles reassuringly, though a thin drop of sweat slid down his chin.

Meruem had just revived and they were now traveling back to the palace. For Pouf, it was a good thing that the King had amnesia since it was the perfect chance to get rid of Mehana.

However, he had underestimated her. He didn't expect her to exterminate one of his clones so quickly. One thing he didn't know yet is that she is the daughter of Netero, the one who defeated Meruem, meaning she isn't so easy to get rid of.

His clone's death was helpful in a way though. He now knows her abilities. It is simply sunlight. The element is certainly disadvantageous for the insect-like Pouf, but Toupi can defeat her. He is made up of magical beasts after all.

"Your Majesty! W-Why not rest for a bit?" The blond suggested.

"Rest?" The King narrows his eyes at his guard. "The palace is being attacked and you want me to rest?"

"Well-"

"Pouf...are you indicating that I am so weak to the point I can't even protect my own palace?" He glares at him.

"N-No! Of course not!" Pouf frantically shouts. "Your Majesty is more powerful than any being on this planet!"

"Hmph, then shut it and follow me." Meruem says, flapping his newly-developed wings at an incredible speed. He soon reached the palace in minutes and Pouf couldn't help but sweat bullets. Biting his thumb, he ordered his clones to search for Mehana.

Kill her before the King notices her!

Kill her, kill her, kill her, kill her, kill her-

"Pouf, are you hiding something from me?" Meruem abruptly turns around. He felt uneasiness. He knows that there is something missing but he couldn't quite put his finger on it. What was it? What was it that he had forgotten?

He just needed one word. One word to get all his answers to this puzzling emptiness.

"This servant cannot tell you but my loyalty will and has never faded! This is for your own good, my King!" Pouf shuts his eyes desperately.

Come on, find her! Quickly!

"...I am itching to know." Meruem squeezes his hand into a fist, staring at it. "This feeling...I am missing something...just what is it?"

Found her!

Pouf smiles widely, his cheeks almost hurting. Youpi stares at his comrade in wonder. He wonders what his comrade is up to now and why he looks so insanely happy.

MEHANA

"MEHANA!!!" The same voice roared behind me. I clicked my tongue in annoyance and turned too late. Pouf swoops down and releases the same shimmering confetti-like substance on me. I couldn't dodge it in time and could only grit my teeth.

"What the hell is this?" I gazed at the tiny things in the air. It didn't do any damage but I knew better than to conclude that it was harmless. It obviously had to do something. Maybe it's a debuff skill?