Chapter 25: March 26th, 2016

Warning: self-harm

Lotus Blood - Age 18

"Lotus!" Blaine yelled for me and I hiked up my prom dress to slip my favorite knife in a pocket on the underside of my blood-red dress. Tulle roses snaked up the bottom edges and it was more of a huge skirt and a crop top than a full dress - I chose tulle to avoid the chore of having to hold a heavy dress while walking up stairs or even just getting in a car.

"Come on!" Checking my lipstick in the mirror one last time, I floated down the staircase and burst out the front door to kiss Blaine before I dragged him to his car, parked in my driveway. Blaine rolled his eyes and walked me down to the driveway, opening the car door for me before getting in the driver's seat himself.

"Is Macy taking someone?"

I stared at my eyes in the small car mirror and registered his question. "Nope, though, I think Hunter asked her out even though she dumped him weeks ago," Blaine rolled his eyes. Then, speaking of the devil, my phone instantly lit up with a text from Macy.

My fingers swiped through my password and her text was in bold.

Macy: I'm bringing someone last minute! I want you to meet her!!!

"Disregard what I just said Blaine," my boyfriend glanced at me and raised his brow, "Macy is bringing someone last minute, apparently." A small smile curved my lips as she sent a selfie at the table with the snacks with the caption,

Macy: This isn't my date but I wouldn't mind if it was :p

Rolling my eyes, I took a selfie of Blaine and me while he pulled into the busy school parking lot and searched for a spot. Macy and I texted for a bit until Blaine parked the car and waved to his friends waiting in line to get inside - my eyes glanced between Blaine, Dustin, and a couple of Blaine's other friends as they motioned for him to stand with them.

Blaine turned to me for permission to ditch me and I said I would meet him inside near the coat check before the night progressed too much.

"Thanks, babe," Blaine kissed my cheek and half-jogged across the parking lot to catch up with his friends as I got back in the car. My hands felt around for the body bag neatly folded up under the seat, and my hands brushed the smooth plastic before I hid it under my dress.

Turning the engine on, I pulled out of the parking space and drove around to the back of the school where virtually no one was there and you could barely see anything due to the lack of lights around the area.

Lockpick.

My hands searched in the smallest of spaces inside Blaine's car where I kept a lockpick for myself. I had one in both my car and his, in case I found myself in a situation where I needed it. The tool wasn't very large, so it was easy to hide it in my bra as I used both hands to scoop up my dress so I could effectively walk towards one of the many locked doors on this side of the school.

It only took me forty-five seconds to pick the lock and slink through the dark hallways. They always blocked off parts of the school that were unused during school events like homecoming and prom.

That excluded one bathroom.

There was a girl's bathroom upstairs that was accessible and although no one would really use it during school events, there was always a straggler or two that decided they would take their time in that bathroom.

And that is exactly the wrong place someone should want to be if I was around.

My eyes adjusted to the dark quickly and I moved around the empty hallways of the school till I reached the one upstairs bathroom that was never blocked off. The lights were dimmed around it and luckily, I heard the sound of a sink running.