9. I'll Be Back

As much as I would like to give Paviraa time to heal, seeing her up close changed my feelings

As much as I would like to give Paviraa time to heal, seeing her up close changed my feelings. Maybe this was a good chance to see if we can keep our feelings aside and work together. Omar looked fairly disturbed as well, so it would be better if he was around us as well.

Lord Ishrafil commanded both of them to go with me and they did. My room was the same as I left it. Just a small layer of moon-dust had accumulated over the furniture. I pulled the sheets off the covered furniture and a small cloud of dust mushroomed from it. Paviraa covered her nose while Omar inhaled deeply.

"Stop it Omar, don't believe in stuff like this until it's proven to be true," Paviraa spoke.

She spoke! Aah, her voice. So soothing. Time for me to jump into the conversation.

"What is this all about? Prove what," I asked.

Omar replied, "Moon-dust has a lot of micro-minerals which is supposed to be very good for health."

An annoyed Paviraa replied, "Don't believe what he says, it's just a study published by a Guardian, there is no proof of it being good for health as yet."

I can't believe moon-dust broke the frigid cold tension between us, but I'm glad it did.

"So I should not go around snorting lines of this stuff then?" I replied.

"Definitely not," Paviraa said.

"Definitely yes," Omar interjected. Omar is very easy to cheer up. Maybe the most positive person I have ever met. It's good, I like happy people.

"I think I'm going to go with the pretty lady on this," I said.

Paviraa looked away, perhaps it's too early to start joking.

The whole room became bright suddenly and the tearing sound of the warping space came through. We looked away to avoid the blinding light. Lord Ishrafil stepped in through the Ethereal gate that just opened.

"My Lord, I thought you were going to send someone from the Investigation team. If you have come here, is there anything important?" Paviraa asked respectfully.

"Aah - about that. I don't know how to put it - but if I would have sent the person directly, it would have been too - I don't know how I can explain," Lord Ishrafil said.

I have never seen the Old man being so careful with his words. We all sat down and he continued.

"Allow me to start from the beginning. A few years ago, I was researching the soul of a human being. Since the war between us and the Watchers we had been very concerned with the loss of lives that took place in our fights. That's when I started my work on creating artificial souls, or Art-souls as I call them. If I could embed an artificial soul into an object and use them in battles, we could avoid loss of life altogether. That's when I created a dozen or so of cherubim," Lord Ishrafil explained.