12. Dropping Like Flies

Once in my old chambers at Alkapuri, I could finally relax

Once in my old chambers at Alkapuri, I could finally relax. For some reason I feel like a guest no matter where I go. My rooms are the only place where it doesn't feel that way. I have been away from this room for so long that it has started to look like Omar's messed up room. As much as the OCD's in me were ticking, saving a life took priority over cleaning. It turns out, facing a blank wall and staring at a piece of blank paper tunes out most of the voices in my head. The ones screaming 'Clean the room first, you dumbass' took a little more concentration.

I knew that Paviraa and Mary should be reaching here soon and Omar in an hour or so. I decided to read through all of the sheets and then they can cross reference the material from those that I shortlisted and if time permits, from all of it, leaving no stones unturned. I was surprised at the number of abilities there were in all the people of Alkapuri. Right from smaller abilities like mine, to big ones like control over the elements like Paviraa. But none of them had mind control or anything that could cause a person to commit suicide. This was forty minutes of my life I could never get back.

Paviraa and Mary came through an Ethereal gate. Mary started looking around at all the dust and making faces while Paviraa walked right up to me. She slapped me on my arm hard and stared.

"You told that woman that I am your girlfriend. How dare you?" she asked.

"Just a prank. Let it go. Also if you continue hitting me like so, I might have to file a case of domestic violence against you in the future," I said.

She turned red like she usually did when blushing and flustered, let's call it blushtered. And walked away touching her ears, perhaps they grew warmer.

I continued, "So I have gone through the document entirely and didn't find any powers that stand out. I have also removed the sheets with all the people who have passed away to shortlist the document. You will find everyone who is a bit older highlighted because all our victims are older folk as well. Someone they all could know."

Mary spoke,"Damn boy, someone's been productive as duck."

"Yes, that's me. I played sixteen games with Lord Metas. The most fun day ever," Omar exclaimed.

"I'm glad, but now we should get to work," Paviraa said.

They all began looking through the papers while I cleaned the room. I asked Mary to confirm if Old man Ishrafil had done the needful and isolated all the old people in one place. She confirmed that he did and asked us to join him there once we were done here.

They made quick work of the papers and came to the same conclusion as me. None of the people in Alkapuri have the ability to do something like this. This was more time wasted than I would have liked but had to be done to confirm.

Mary opened an Ethereal gate and we all stepped into the great hall. They really meant great hall with a capital G. A hall of the magnitude that people on Earth have rarely seen. It was similar in shape to the domes on each of the spires but at least twenty times as large. Apparently, it takes a lot of time and requires a lot of permissions to enter this place, but the conditions being as they are. This is the only place large enough for everyone to congregate and still have humane conditions to live in.