PRATHAM/ Prologue

Pratham
One
___________

PrathamOne___________

-----

The day went by as usual for former king of Hastinapur Pandu and his wives, Kunti and Madri.

He was walking towards the Lord Shiv temple nearby forest with Kunti as they walked down the shore of river Mata Ganga. His other wife, Madri was at their kuti with their five sons, as Nakul and Sahadev were still young boys two- almost completing three in a few weeks.

The silence between both husband and wife was comfortable. They both understood each other beyond words.

Kunti, who was carrying the pooja thali, did not notice the stone before her as her foot hit it and she almost fell, but thankfully, Pandu was quick to hold her arms and stable her form.

The thali's falling and clanking against the ground resonated around them in almost no human life forest.

Kunti panted, the shock of almost falling catching up to her, as she took deep breaths.

"Are you okay, Kunti?" Pandu asked, concern lacing his tone.

"Yes, yes, Arya." She sighed. "Thank you."

Pandu smiled at her as his eyes moved to see if she had hurt herself, even though she hadn't fallen.

The Kuntibhoj princess looked around for the thali which had tumbled over to the edge of banks. She quickly moved to pick it up but then her eyes dipped over an unusual sight.

There in the enfold of Mata Ganga was a gigantic lotus, in which she saw an infant.

She blinked her eyes for a few times and rubbed them in hope that the lotus with the baby would be gone but it wasn't. So, she did the only thing she could at the moment.

"Arya. Arya!" Kunti called for her husband and he came towards her with worry.

"What is it, dear?"

She pointed her finger down where the lotus had now stopped. "Look."

Pandu's gaze moved down only see the unique situation. He bent down and picked up the little child from the lotus along with the bright red and yellow bordered shawl in his arms.

And just as he picked her up, the gigantic lotus dispersed into the surrounding leaving golden specks around them.

Kunti looked around into the shawl to find something related to the child but sighed when found none. "It's a girl. What should we do now, Arya?" She asked as she looked at the child who seemed to be sleeping peacefully. She took the girl into her hands and suddenly the child smiled as a yawn escaped its lips.

"Let's go to mandir first. Maybe we can ask the purohit Ji there about this?" The man said and she nodded.

The pair reached the temple and went inside. Kunti rang the bell and walked inside Pandu beside her, as they greeted the pandit.