ASHTHA

Aath
Eight.

"Pitamaha really did that!"

"Yes, and then after none dared to even raise their eyes over our kingdom."

"Wow! That is so heroic." Padmaja turned around to face Rajamata Satyavati, both having enjoyable smiles over their faces. "I wish I would have been there to see, Pitamaha and Tatshree fight that demon.*"

Rajamata Satyavati chuckled at the girl s fondness caressed her head. "Yes, even I do. Now off you go."

"No. No. No badi dadima. One more story." Padmaja shook her head furiously.

"Are pagali. If like this you will hear all stories all together you won't find any fun in it." Pulling Padmaja to stand in front of her, Satyavati then put all her loose tresses in their right place. "Go now, enjoy your rest of the day. Hmm?"

Padmaja huffs and pouts. "Fine but promise you will tell me one story tonight."

"Tonight?"

"Yes. Please. Pretty Please."

A light laughs escaped from Satyavati's lips as she looked at Padmaja's pleading eyes and she shook her head at her.

"Fine, tonight."

"Yes!" Padmaja yelled and ran out

Now after a couple of days of the Pandavs and Kunti's arrival in Hastinapur, this was one of the daily routine things of Padmaja.

She had spent ample time with all of her cousins and her Taishree Gandhari to be most of part, who she has found to be an absolute sweetheart and vice versa. Both of them shared the ways how to worship Lord Shiv, that now she joined her in.

A happy smile crept over her lips as her face as she walked over to the gardens of the palace. She had really adored the place and would spend her spare time under a fixed tree as she enjoyed looking over the lotuses blooming into the pond nearby.

Her favourite lotuses.

She had such an adoration to them that she at least put one in her hairs.

The major extent could move to an infinite number.

She had just reached her fixed tree when she had noticed someone by the pond. She tiptoed to the tree nearest to him and silently hid behind it, as a sound of something being thrown into the lake echoes in the silent surrounding.

As she moved out from behind the tree and slowly walked over to him— yes that person was a him as she could see it— her footsteps so light that even her payal wasn't making any sound.

"Who are you?" She spoke as soon as she reached him and the young boy jumped, startled as he hadn't heard anyone coming.

To Padmaja, he looked as scared as her bharta Nakul did when he 'rightfully picked up' a ladoo from bharta Bheem's share. Yes, and that was something deemed to be very scared of. Very scared.