SAPT

Saat
Seven

The day was one of the best of her life till now, would be the biggest lie of Padmaja's life ever, if, she said it

Thankfully, she did not.

The dasi's were right now getting her ready for the night taking off all the jewellery she had, much to her pleasure, but there was one question in her mind.

Who gets ready for sleeping?

"How much more time? I am tired." Padmaja whined as her Dhatri kaki was now tieing her hairs in two plait braids.

Dhatri chuckled and shook her head at her. "Just a few moments more. Let me finish your braid and then you are all set to sleep, rajkumari."

"Okay." She sighed and quietly waited for Dhatri to finish.

Soon all the work was done and Dhatri was tucking Padmaja in bed.

"Shubh Ratri, kaki."

"Shubh Ratri, rajkumari."

Dhatri went outside the room and just as the sound of doors closing echoed in the now almost empty room, Padmaja sat up sighing as she looked out of the balcony.

The cold wind came inside from there providing all the comfort it could Padmaja was restless. The day was freakingly tiring but she couldn't sleep.

"Bansuriwale, kaha ho aaj tum?" The low tone of her voice still echoed but she got no response from her unknown friend making her huff.

"See Bansuriwale if this is one of your games then I am not playing. I am tired."

Still, no answer came.

And after waiting for a few moments Padmaja groaned. "Fine don't come. I'll go to my bhrata."

...

The sound of little ghunghroo was echoing in the hallways of Hastinapur Mahal, not so empty. The guards were standing on every corner and turn and had it not been them, she would have been lost around.

As soon as she entered the area where her brothers would be found in, her pace slowed.

She with quiet footsteps, that even her anklets now didn't make a sound, entered the room. Politely giving the guards a look to keep quiet before, of course, to which they nodded with a smile trying to control their laugh at the naivety of the young princess.

Padmaja now moved towards what her brother's had told her would be her jeysth's room, and she quietly crept up the bed, finding an asleep Yudhisithir.

But not anymore.

Padmaja shook Yudhisithir very lightly, knowing he was quite a light sleeper. "Jeysth."

Quickly opening his eyes at the sudden shake and his sister's voice, Yudhisithir sat up and looked around in urgency. "What happened Padma? What troubled you?"