TRITIYA

TEEN
THREE

Kunti ran as fast as her legs could have brought her the speed

Her breaths coming into pants as she ran to the usual spot where Pandu went to pray, nearby the field of flowers.

Also, nearby where Madri had gone to fetch the flowers she asked for.

"Arya! Madri!" She cried out and ran in the forest.

"Jiji!" The frantic woman turned around hearing the familiar voice and found what she dreaded most.

There laid the body of Pandu, cradled in arms of a crying Madri.

"Madri." Kunti whispered, horror taking over her and she stumbled upon them, her eyes as wide as ones could go. She couldn't even breathe anymore.

"Jiji, I... I... We..." Madri stuttered but finally burst into tears again.

Kunti finally regaining a little composure pulled her co-wife in embrace trying to figure what she must do.

"I'm sorry, Jiji. Please forgive me, jiji. Please forgive me." Madri cried. Her tears were unstoppable.

"Calm down Madri, calm down." Kunti rubbed her back trying to comfort her as her tears did not stop.

Both women wept, in pain and anguish.

After a few moments, Madri pulled away from Kunti and looked between her now-dead husband and her elder sister.

She was guilt-ridden. Nothing crossed her mind.

Except.

So much pain.

So much agony.

All because of her.

"Main apna deh tygungi, didi." Words escaped the Madra kumari without control and Kunti could just stare at her.

Did she just hear it right?

No, Madri wouldn't say such a thing.

"No, no, Madri. I don't allow you to." Kunti shook her head frantically.

"This all has happened because of me." Madri cried. "This curse on Arya was placed upon me. And now this... I wasn't so will powered like you didi. I couldn't stop him."

"Madri..." Kunti tried to console her. "Why do you want to do this? What will happen to Nakul and Sahadev? What will I tell them? Either way, I am Arya's elder wife. This is my right and duty to perform. To be beside him."

"No, didi. Don't please. My Nakul, Sahadev treat you like there mother more than me. I will not be able to take of our other three sons and daughter like you love all six of them. Please didi, let me do this."

Kunti closed her eyes, in pain, she couldn't let this happen. What results this for their family if both Madri and her husband were not present.

How would she mother Nakul and Sahadev? Padma? She used to love her Madri maa's kheer. What does she tell her?