-13-

Kevins PoV
Stacey has just had her surgery. Neil and our family were in with us. We'd told them her name and Stacey was falling asleep as they looked at us. "Mr Clifton. We are gonna have to take her away soon." Stacey looked at me and I nodded. "I know." We managed to get another hour with our baby before she was cold to touch and I looked at stacey. "She's got to go Stace. You know that." She nodded and the nurse walked over and Stacey passed little kora over. She walked out with her before Stacey looked at me. "We can still try again though right? I'm not incapable of getting pregnant am I? Kev I." "Relax bubby. Before we even think about another kid we need to let this blow over. Let's focus on Hadley. Yeah? Go to New York at Christmas. Let's decorate the flat or something. Move into a bigger one. Let's sort your career out and mine. Let's reset before we even attempt another one." She nodded and I pulled her closer to me and looked over at neil and then my mum and dad. Neil looked terrible. And I knew because he said he needed a minute. Stacey was knackered. "Go to sleep baby. I'm not going away." She muttered something and I smiled kissing the top of her head. She fell asleep on my stomach and I looked at my parents. "Kev-." "If you're gonna mention anything about the baby I don't wanna talk about it." I grabbed my brand new phone of the table at the side of the bed and the first notification was one from Neil. From just before stacey had her op. I looked at it and smiled.
@NeilJones- @keviclifton @staceydooley You incredibly strong human beings. Still birth is a tough subject. And will be even harder for you now. But dealing with this like you have is incredible. Stacey. You carried that baby knowing there was a slim chance she would make it. Kev. Mate you've been through hell together. But you know exactly how to support her and make her feel better. And to the both of you and Hadley. You've dealt with this like champs. And. Not many people can say that about family. But I can. Because family is always stronger together. And seeing all your close family in that hospital room. Your little girl couldn't be any luckier to have been surrounded by her nana and grandad. Uncle auntie and sister. But most of all. Her mummy and daddy. So to your little girl. My niece. Rest in piece you beautiful angel.
Neil walked back in and I looked at him and smiled. "Thanks." He smiled and hugged me. "Look after her Kev." "It's my job my hobby and my profession." He smiled and looked at my mum. "It was good to see you both again. But I've gotta shoot. Kev. Remember that the live show is tomorrow. Jason messaged me and said if Staceys out bring her down with you and she can stay on your dressing room because he knows you won't want her to be on her own." "Cheers Neil mate. I'll see you tomorrow then." He nodded and walked out and my mum and dad followed. Hadley was here earlier but after a few hours with her little sister tommy cane and took her with him back to my flat so she could get some sleep. There was a knock on the hospital door and I smiled when tommy and Hadley were stood there. "Feel better Hads gorgeous." She nodded I smiled and shuffled over letting Hadley perch herself next to me. "When's mum coming home?" She moved closer and I sighed. "Don't know mate. Soon. But I don't know when." "You know if she'd have made it?" I looked at her. "Yes?" "Would you have had another one?" "Not a clue. It's not up to me. Well it is. But it's your mum as well. If she never wants to try for another baby again then I'm not gonna force her. Sure I'll try and convince her but I'm not gonna make her get pregnant." "I don't think I want kids." "How come?" "I just. It doesn't seem like something I'd want." "Hadley. You're only eleven. A lot of things can change. I remember when me and your mum first got together telling her I never wanted to have kids. My reason. You'll have to say goodbye at some point. But. As I got older I realised that you have to say goodbye to everyone at some point. And that unless I want kids. There's never gonna be anyone to carry on the clifton name. I mean. If jo gets married she's already said she's taking he guys last name. So it's down to me. But. I trust you. I know that whatever you decide. It'll be the best possible decision for you." She nodded and I rested my head on hers. "I love you Hads." "Love you too dad."