The Prelude

In loving memory of Shi, my beloved husky (7/15/20)

Based on Toon Wars and the Amazing World of Gumball, in support of The Werecats by ShurikenMix

...

A Fan-Made Story by Frozarburst...

...

TOON WARS LEGACY

On the flaming streets of Elmore at dawn, civilians of every bit of the imagination scurry in random directions while bolts of energy blaze across the sky and from the intersections. Officers, living doughnuts or cardboard people with tiny pistols and tasers, shoot while making "PEW" noises from makeshift barricades made from fallen police vehicles. Behind them, much of the diverse populace make a run for the city hall at the end of the road.

Cardboard Officer: Keep moving! Single file!

One shot from the other side of the street goes right through one of the men's gaping mouths.

Doughnut Officer: HA! Jokes on you! I already have a hole in me. (Gets blasted in the eyes and falls over) AGH!

Those terrorizing the streets reveal themselves through the dust clouds and flames. Giant mechanical monstrosities with beady red eyes and blocky limbs march forward in a straight line. Their turbo lasers lock onto the nearest target, exploding the barricades. A full tank, having a cartoonishly placed robot head at the base of the brim, fires its barrage of three-barrel siege cannons in the air like hailfire. These missiles rain down from the sky to the surface, mere seconds from ending the life of the humanoid frog, Moonchild Corneille. Taking both arms and covering his face while bending, he screams, but is cut off when the missiles fail to reach him. A blue humanoid cat, now in an anime-esque art style, stands in front of him having blown the shots mid-travel.

Nicole: Get to cover!

Moonchild shaking: Y-yeah... Good idea! (Starts running away)

Yuki Yoshida, Nicole's rival and friend, comes spiraling from an explosion cloud nearby, flipping as though she were the one who caused it. The cloud woman lands perfectly on her red high heels with both hands in a chopping position.

Yuki: Nicole, I can't find my daughter. Where are your children?

Nicole: I don't know.

Gumball: Mom?

Over by the schoolyard of Elmore Junior HIgh, the little cat boy closely resembling his mother in a green sweater, walks over to both women with a trash can lid over his head as a shield.

Gumball: The heck did Darwin go? (Gets struck in the shield, still holding it) Urk...!

Nicole swatting an energy bolt: That's what I was hoping you wouldn't ask. Get back inside!

Gumball doesn't object and runs straight for the nearly empty school next to his mother. Yuki covers them and continues to swat away huge energy bolts from the robots on the other side. In the building, towards the upper floors, Nicole brings her child to his locker by shooting a hole in the ceiling to hop to the next level.

Nicole: Elmore isn't going to last much longer without us. I don't know where your brother or sister are, but I get the feeling it has to do with those invaders outside. (Opens locker) They already took Richard while I was dropping you off.

Gumball: You can't be serious! You're 2 against like 800 some robots with lasers!

Nicole: (Lifts Gumball by the dome) Sure sounds like a fair fight then.