11: Headliner

Sitting for breakfast inside his apartment, Alex ate his cereal as Adam entered with the morning newspaper.

"Have you seen this?"Throwing the tabloid onto the table, there was no hiding his not being pleased.

"Making the headlines again?"Alex assumed the band had gotten a mention in the nationals as he praised his bandmate for doing a good job.

"Not we, You."Adam corrected the assumption.

"What have I done this week?"Having avoided having to answer awkward questions about his sexuality because his people had unearth the fact Ms.April O'Neil had a whole wardrobe of skeletons she wouldn't want getting out, Alex expected the news hounds to uncover or come up with something else?

"This week you hire prostitutes to sleep with other men."Adam told Alex to read what was being written.

"What?"Hearing and seeing what was being reported. Alex realised this story wasn't going to be as easy to shrug off as the last.Even for a no holds-bared rock band such an allegation could lose loyal fans."Where did they get that one from?"Alex scanned the printed report for answers.

"Miss Rita Roe."Having read the article stating how his friend liked to watch women with other men.Adam informed Alex said the others were on their way."Our management is insisting we meet up."He said."What have you done?"He asked."Who is she?"

"A liar who sold her lies to the highest bidder."Alex sighed."Tell them it's all lies."He insisted.

"Tina gave her interview too."

"No."Alex knew he shouldn't be surprised."What is she thinking? I'm the father of her children."His ex-wife never could refuse the offer of money.When it came to stating her opinion and having her say about the sex life, sexuality and sexual preferences of her famous ex-husband, Ms Tina Trafford would tell anyone who was listening about how much he hated sex.'Perhaps it was true?'Alex would never regret having his boys, but would be the first to agree, when with their mother he avoided sexual interaction.Why else would the two have sighted reason to divorce, if not because they discovered they were incompatible.It was clear Tina told reporters she and her ex liked and wanted different things in the bedroom and obvious her words had been interpreted to indicate different things, including him liking to watch. Allowing those looking for something news worthy more reason to question his sexuality his bandmates accused his ex wife of loading for the tabloids their gun.

"This isn't good publicity and the boys are far from happy."Adam continued to complain.

Having answered all the questions about both April O'Neil and Rita Roe, Alex was left with no option but to agree to go along with what his management company saw to be the only way of restoring good public relations and repairing the damage caused by rumours hiding beneath the umbrella of journalism.Having rejected many of the ideas discussed, Alex agreed to comply with what his PR instructed.

"You have to be seen to date."He was told.

"We don't do bad publicity."Alex was urged to do what he had to do.Calling a meeting, all including Clifton sat around the large conference room table, ready to discuss how Alex hitting the headlines had affected them all.'Upset.'The lead singer apologised for being stressed and having to rest his voice.'Sorry.'He hadn't meant his actions to cause so many problems.'Thank you.'Alex was grateful to those who knew, trusted and understood him.'Yes.'He agreed to move on.Refusing to believe it had been so long, Alex felt shocked to be told he hadn't been sighted with a woman since his divorce.

"There hasn't been anyone since Tina."Publicist were always on hand to bring up the facts, pointing out how since splitting from his wife, Alex had failed to make any of his relationships public knowledge.