New York (Part Two)

One Year Later.....

Emma woke up to her alarm bursting her ear drums. She moaned as she rolled over to turn the alarm off. It felt like she had got hardly any sleep. But they had to get up as they both had work and Henry had school. The alarm read 8:15 and she sighed. Rolling over, she was met with the sight of her dashing husband. 

"Morning Swan." he said softly, smiling at her. Their lips met for a short but sweet kiss and Emma couldn't help but smile. She just loved him so much. 

"Happy one year anniversary! You excited to go out tonight?" he asked. She nodded enthusiastically and pulled him in for another kiss. Suddenly, they were interrupted by a sharp cry. 

"I guess someone's up." she said. Killian sighed and helped Emma out of bed. She plodded into the room where the cry was coming from and saw Hope screaming at the top of her lungs. Hope was their daughter and she was only a couple of months old. She had Killian's eyes and Emma's hair and everyone agreed that she was completely adorable. She was the light of their lives. Emma bent down and lifted Hope up into her arms. Then, she softly sung a lullaby, hoping to calm her down. 

The other night dear, as I lay sleeping
I dreamed I held you in my arms
But when I awoke, dear, I was mistaken
So I hung my head and I cried.

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are gray
You'll never know dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away

I'll always love you and make you happy,
If you will only say the same.
But if you leave me and love another,
You'll regret it all someday.

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are gray
You'll never know dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away

You told me once, dear, you really loved me
And no one else could come between.
But now you've left me and love another;
You have shattered all of my dreams:

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are gray
You'll never know dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away

In all my dreams, dear, you seem to leave me
When I awake my poor heart pains.
So when you come back and make me happy
I'll forgive you dear, I'll take all the blame.

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are gray
You'll never know dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away

When Emma finished, Hope was quiet, staring intently up at her mother. She carried her into the kitchen, placing a soft kiss on her forehead before placing her down in her high chair. Killian was making pancakes and she got started on scramble eggs. That was what was so good about their relationship. They made a great team. Eventually, Henry appeared and they served the food up. They all enjoyed the food and talked about the day ahead of them. They were having a good time but Hope started to cry again so Emma went over to her. 

"I just need to change Hope's diaper. I'll be back in a few minutes." she promised. 

"Sooooo, Killian, when are you going to take the sergeant's exam?" Henry asked. Killian was a detective and he was wanted to become a sergeant. "In a couple of weeks, Lad." Killian answered. 

"It'll be cool when you pass it." Henry commented. 

"Yeah, it will be, Lad. We'll have to celebrate some-" He was interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Are you expecting anyone?" Henry asked. Killian frowned and shook his head. He headed over to the door, curious to see who was behind it. Opening the door, he was met with the sight of a guy with light brown hair and blue eyes. 

"Hook?" the man exclaimed. He looked confused. Killian's frown deepened. Who the hell was this man? And what on earth was he talking about? 

"Can I help you?" he asked cautiously. 

"You don't remember?" 

"Remember what? Do we know each other?" Killian asked. The man sighed and clenched his jaw, obviously annoyed by something. 

"It doesn't matter. You'll remember soon enough. You and Emma just need to drink this and then everything will be okay." 

"And why on earth would I drink that?" Killian spat at the other guy, starting to get angry. 

"Because we need Emma. There's been another curse and well.....it's more complicated than the first one. We have to go back to Storybrooke." Curse? First one? Storybrooke? This man was obviously on something. 

"Okay. You're crazy. Goodbye." Killian said, beginning to close the door. But he stopped him. "You have to do as I say. It's what's best for Emma. Don't you care about her?" 

"Of course I care about her! She's my wife!" The man's face dropped as he stared at Killian with a dazed expression. 

"Now get the hell out of here. And leave my family alone." he shouted, slamming the door. Shaking his head, he walked back to Henry, who was frowning. 

"Who was that?" 

"No one important. Probably a drunk." Killian told him. Henry nodded and went back to his breakfast. He should've talked to Henry more but he couldn't. His mind was all other the place. For some reason that man felt oddly familiar and he brought up feelings of annoyance. And what the hell was he going on about? A curse? In a town called Storybrooke? It was obviously all made up but Killian's gut told him that it wasn't made up. Because he was a detective, he had learnt that he could always trust his gut and his instincts. And his instincts were telling him to chase that man and get some answers. Emma walked back in with Hope and kissed Killian on the top of his head. He put on a smile as she sat down, reassuring her that he was happy. He had to pretend everything was okay. He really didn't want to worry Emma. She and Henry went back to talking as Killian pretended to listen. Eventually, she reached over to squeeze his hand. 

"Killian? Are you okay?" she asked worriedly. He could tell her the truth. He could open up to her. But he didn't want to share this stress. "I'm perfectly fine, Love. Don't worry about me."