Life Saver

"I'm doing about as good as anyone who got hit by a big peice of metal would feel. Reid was keeping me in good company," Hotch says and Spencer nods.

"Speaking of which, did Pretty Boy tell you that he was the one who saved your life?" Derek says and Spencer shakes his head.

"You did mainly," Spencer says.

"How so?" Hotch asks amused.

"He ran inside to find you before any of us could process what was going on," Derek says and Hotch half smiles.

"I just noticed you didn't come out with everyone and your the team leader you're, obviously, suppose to be in front of the team, but you could've been behind them because-" Reid begins to ramble.

"Reid.. Reid," Aaron says, louder the second time. Spencer looks at him and apologizes.

"You saved me. Thank you," Aaron says and goes to reach for Spencer's hand but remembered the team was there.

"You're a hero," J.J. jokes and Spencer rolls his eyes.

"Derek did most of the work. He lifted the metal off of you and carrued hin out. My point being, I don't deserve much credit it was only the right thing to do," Spencer says, kind of embarrassed.

"I should be out of here tomorrow, guys. Go to the hotel and get some sleep, we'll pack up in the morning," Hotch says and everyone nods, leaving the team leader with Reid.

"Do you want to talk, Reid?" Aaron asks, assuming that's why Reid stayed.

"Yeah, I do. I need to get my mind off things," Spencer says, making sure no one is outside of the door.

"Let's talk then," Aaron says and Spencer nods.

They stay up talking about how Spencer has been since last night, the team, and Jack.

Spencer ends up falling asleep midsentence and Hotch falls asleep looking at the skinny genius, smiling.

Spencer wakes up after Hotch and Hotch is excused to sign out.

"Thanks for staying with me, Spencer," Aaron says getting into an SUV Derek left with them.

"It's no problem, Hotch," Spencer smiles getting in the passenger side.

"I said, 'You can call me Aaron.' I thought you had an eidetic memory," Aaron laughs and Spencer buckles up.

"Well, you kept calling me, 'Reid,' infront of the team, so I thought we were being professional on cases," Spencer says.

"Look, when we're alone, we can call each whatever, but I don't want people to know we're a personal thing. Okay?" Hotch says, focusing on the road.

"Oh, o-of course. No problem, Aaron," Spencer says, saddened by the thought of Aaron being secretive that they're friends.

Aaron notices and holds Spencer's hand.

"What's wrong, Spencer?" Aaron asks.

"Nothing. Really, just thinking," Spencer lies, holding his hand back.

"I've known you long enough to know that's not true," Aaron says and Spencer shifts, "I'm not trying to hide you, Spencer. I'm just trying to protect you."

"Protect me from what? I'm fine," Spencer says and Aaron rolls his eyes.

"I don't want people to know you come to me to talk about Riley. J.J. and/or Morgan would be upset you didn't talk to them, Garcia would be upset that you're not doing great, and Emily and Rossi would try to talk about it or go out with you. So, no. I'm fine keeping you to myself," Aaron smiles and Spencer blushes a little.

"Thank you. That makes me feel better," Spencer smiles and Hotch nods.

"Anytime," Aaron asks and pauses, "I don't want to, um, be rude or anything but why didn't you tell any of us about Riley?"

Spencer gets quiet.

"You don't have to answer, I'm sorry for asking," Aaron says, taking his hand out of Spencer's, driving silently.

"I don't know why you ask," Spencer says.

"Excuse me?"

"I'm bisexual, just prefer men. I saw your guy's faces when you saw Riley was a guy," Spencer's tears up, but blinks them back.

"I didn't want to disappoint anybody on the team. So, I hid him. We, um, went official that night, and I already planned to tell you guys a year from then and bring him out with drinks," Spencer wipes his eyes, "In fact, I'm surprised you asked first and not Morgan."

"I told the team not to bring up that. We were all just shocked, we don't disapprove. We love you, Spencer and we care for you, any choices you make," Aaron says pulling into a parking space.

"Should I officially come out?" Spencer says.

"If it makes you feel better, go for it. If you want to do it because you think everyone will feel better, don't. It's your sexuality, and it doesn't matter what others think," Aaron says, getting out of the car before Reid even processes what Aaron said.