Epilogue

Kevin's POV :

I sipped my juice as I scanned the newspaper for any interesting news. Around me, the restaurant was crowded with people and waiters. All the noise and smell made my head ache with irritation. Ugh!

"Sir, your meal", a waiter mumbled as she placed down a plate of food before me and rushed away. I folded my newspaper and began to eat.

Just then, a shadow loomed over me and I heard a familiar voice whisper, "Hi."

I looked up and gasped. "L - Leo?"

Leo stood before me in a pretty coat  and scarf around his neck. He looked a little older and tired since the last time I saw him, but he was still as beautiful as ever. I thought I was over him, but the erratic thumping of my heart proved me wrong.

Leo looked as shocked as me as he plopped down on the seat before me. He shook his head and smiled. "It's been like, what, three years?"

I smiled back. "Yeah, three years."

"I haven't seen you since...", Leo trailed off as he tried to avoid mentioning his marriage. "You were here in Chicago for the past three years?"

"Yeah", I muttered.

"How have you been?", he asked.

"Trying to survive. I've succeeded so far", I replied. "And you?"

"I'm...good", Leo said with a small pause.

"So what brings you here to Chicago?", I asked.

"Just work. I'll be returning home after a week. So, what have you been doing all this time?"

"I'm a receptionist at a small hotel now", I replied, "Today is my day off."

"That's good", Leo smiled.

An awkward silence bloomed between us as both of us thought of what to say next. It had been so long since we last saw each other...

Leo said softly, "You left without a goodbye."

I avoided eye contact. "I'm sorry. I - I was such a coward then." After a pause, I asked, "How's Paul?"

"I don't know", Leo shrugged. When I looked at him questioningly, he held up his left hand where I could clearly see that the wedding ring was missing. His finger was bare. "We divorced a few months ago", he explained, "Things just...didn't work out between us."

My heart leaped at the news and a tiny hope began to emerge in my heart. Even after all these years of staying apart from Leo, my heart still ached for him.

"What about you?", Leo asked. "Are you seeing anyone?"

"I tried to", I replied, "But...things didn't work out with them." We both chuckled lightly together.

"Ummm...I think I should go back to my hotel now. I have a meeting this evening", Leo muttered reluctantly.

"Can I walk you there?", I asked.

"Sure", he said shyly.

After paying my bill, I held Leo's hands in mine and walked out of the restaurant. I don't know what the future has in store for me...for us. But for now, let me cherish and drown in this beautiful moment because such moments do not come again and again in our lives. So we should just seize the day and in future when we'll get old , these memories might bring both smile and tears to us.

And just so you know, this moment is one of my favourites so far because it has given me a chance, an opportunity for my love to resurrect and thrive once again.

THE END.

Oh my gosh, it's finally over! It's over! I'm so sad but relieved at the same time. I hope you enjoyed not only this last chapter but the whole book as well. I want to thank all my readers and supporters for reading, commenting and voting for this story. Thank you guys so much!

It's time to say goodbye now BUT I have another new bxb story coming up! Yayy! Will you please check it out? Pretty please?

My new story : The Odd One Out

And there's a (straight) short story too which probably deserves a lot of reads and votes. Please do check out Tales Untold. It's a shory story so it will not take much of your time.

And for One Direction fans, you should check out February Tales.

That's it! THANKS A BUNCH ONCE AGAIN TO EVERYONE! MUUUUAAAHHHH! THANK YOU!

Bye!

PS- Don't forget to check out my new story "The Odd One Out" (Previously called " Made In Korea")

Stay awesome!

- EthanEzekiel

♥♥♥