COVID-19, quarantine

Jemma: Hello everyone! Welcome to Hamilton Reacts to 2020, hosted by me, Jemma. Today we'll react to COVID-19, and quarantine life. Basic thoughts?

Eliza: It's especially hard for the kids. They're so young, too...

Philip: Mom, we're not that young! Well, maybe Susan is.

Susan: My mask is itchy.

Maria: Let me fix that for you, honey. I agree with Eliza. And, ever tried to stay with a bored Kindergartener in a tiny apartment for seven months, and counting? Not easy.

Herc: I can't believe all the bars are closed! I have to buy bottles at the grocery store now!

Jemma: I am totally not drinking age, so I have no clue why you want more alcohol.

Laff: I think Herc likes more than me, but it is very nice.

Alex: Yeah, it's-

Eliza: Alexander, set a good example for the children!

Jemma: I think we're getting off track. How about masks? 

Burr: They're fine.

Jefferson: Yeah, not bad.

Alex: Seriously? They make it hard to breathe, and they're hot and itchy!

Susan: I know!

Burr: You sound like a child.

Alex: Hey! 

Eliza: *attempts to calm them down, and eventually succeeds* Sigh...they get into fights over the silliest things!

Theodosia: Tell me about it.

Laff: I cannot eat baguettes through one! I cannot open my mouth!

John: I think that's the point, Laff.

Jemma: Schuyler Sisters and Washington, you've been quiet this whole time. Anything to say?

Peggy: I'm just annoyed! This stupid virus is killing everyone, and now we're really restricted, and I can't even see my friends without a mask and social distancing! 

Angelica: I feel the same as Peggy. I want everything to go back to normal.

Washington: Martha and I have lived in peace for a long time after I retired, and even after we came here to the future, 200 years later, we didn't live our lives different for a couple of years before this virus. We did host some other reacts on Mt. Vernon, but not that different.

Jemma: That was...wise. Like you are, of course.

Washington: Thank you.

Jemma: One more thing. How do you feel about re-opening? A lot of people are going out even more now, and my dad thinks that we need a lockdown now more than ever. What do you think?

Angelica: I think I agree. After being here for a couple of years, I understand why people want to get back. I haven't seen much of the modern world, but I know that people want to get back in action. It's too dangerous, though, because people aren't treated yet.

Herc: I dunno, as long as I don't die, I'm fine. 

Alex: The war was enough near-death experience for me!

Maria: Safety is my top priority for Susan. If we need to go into lockdown to keep her safe, I'll do it. Even if it means 3 more months in that apartment.

John: I think I agree with Maria. Even though I don't have a child, I want to protect others. If I have to stay home for another 3 months, sure.

Peggy: What John said! I heard China locked down completely and you couldn't even go in your backyard. If that's what we have to do to make this go away, let's do it!

Jemma: Looks like most of us are in favor of locking down again if it means COVID-19 goes away. We don't make the decisions, but we have power! If you want something to happen, make it happen. That's a life lesson. See you next time on Hamilton Reacts to 2020!

Peggy: Cinnamon Roll! Bye!

John: Turtle! Bye!

Everyone else: BYE!!!!