a beautiful lie

She was loved.

Those three words will haunt me forever. Those words lead me to remember that everything for me is now nothing. Well, it never was anyway.

No past, no present, and definitely no future.

Life is a mystery that can't be solved. If you let me put it that way. Every chance you get to try and solve this very short cicle, life just snatches it away. I remember every bit of hope I once had. Every breath I took as I fought a faceless fear. A fear I can now put a name to.

Life.

Life is the absolute fear that haunted me. Every single day it created ways to torture me slowly and painfully. The person who once said Live, Laugh, Love, had no idea what life itself was. They had no idea what it takes to say those words or even begin to acknowledged what life means. Everything it involves, everything it brought me and took from me. All the laughter it gave me, all the memories it left me are now ashes of a love I couldn't save. Or a love who couldn't save me. A love so pure even life itself was jealous of it. Hence the mess life caused to try and destroy it. But in the end I am all to blame.

It was me who believed.
It was me who hoped.
It was me who lived.

In the end life is a beautiful lie but death is the ugly truth that somehow everyone will have to face.