Chapter 6- "Case of 1985"

When I came home, I saw mom in the kitchen, cooking and chatting on phone with our neighbour- Kelly, gossiping about the latest news in town as usual.

"I'm home" I yelled, but she didn't answer. I hung my jacket on the stand but before I could go to my room, I heard something unexpected-

"Ooh yeah, that murder case of 1985, how can I forget it, poor Meldy" mum sighed and I came to a halt at those words and after regaining myself, I went straight into my room.

The name was oddly familiar, "Meldy" was the girl who wrote a letter to my mom about something- 'don't spear him'.

She was dead! I thought to myself as I recalled what was written in the letter-

Dear Andrea,

Please save me I don't want to die but I think this will not be the case because it's already late. But remember my last words DON'T SPEAR HIM.

~Meldy

It now made sense, she died but before it, she wrote a letter to mum, (who is a nice friend of her) and gave her a task to complete, maybe it could be related to her business which I didn't stress on.

After finishing my chores, I went to my bed and picked up my phone to scroll through my feed. I was first astonished to see that everyone was posting things about Meldy, even Jeremy also posted a story of- "Rest in peace Meldy". So I texted him to find out about the case.

Me-

Hey jem

Jeremy-

Hey

Me-

Who's this "Meldy"

Jeremy-

Please don't tell me you don't know her...

Me-

Sorry, but I don't know...

Jeremy-

Wikipedia dude!

Me-

Why are you sending me "Wikipedia" how on earth Meldy is related to it.

Jeremy-

Too lazy to explain, just figure it out yourself, you will understand.

Me-

Um....ok

I opened the Google tab and searched for Wikipedia, I found it on the top results so I tapped it and searched the murder of Meldy, 1985.

What I found-