Chapter 20 "Back to Ansley's"

I felt horror crept through me as I stared at Christy Ansley's house with widened eyes and a little bit of scared.

"All right?" Alex mumbled, taking my hand in his from which I yanked away.

"Jeez, I'm not your child" I grinned playfully and he rolled his eyes. He gestured to me to go inside but, I stood there, frozen on my spot.

"Shay, you okay?" He furrowed his brows.

"I don't know" I started "I mean, I'm having a bad feeling about this."

"Whatever it is, you know we have to do this," he said, squeezing my shoulder which I didn't know when he reached to keep his hand on my shoulder, damn it!! Alex, that was fast. That boy seriously can't live without touching or holding hands.

"Mr.Peterson, can we go in now?" I pointed at his hand and jerked it away although, I still wasn't ready to face the consequences.

I stepped in front of the door and rang the bell, I leaned at the wall near me as I waited for someone to come out. And not a minute later, a hand came out and yanked me inside the house. Alex following right behind me.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!!!" She yelled after closing the door as she danced towards us.

"We have to talk," I said, sternly.

"Whatever, bark Fast!, I don't have time for all this rubbish" she flexed her finger as she glanced at her black nail polish. She was dressed in a black tank dress with a black hat and black makeup.

"It's about Meldy" I spoke. She suddenly got straightened and her face went pale which she tried to mask and succeeded. Alex stood next to me, he decided to shut up and watch the show. Curiosity and amusement over his face, With a hint of fear.

"Spit it," she said.

"Look, today, we went to meet Mr. Phil and I'm not going to lie to you that he gave us Meldy's diary which had the record of her feelings of nine months. I know that you are Christy and you have a sister, my mom is not a part of your family, I know that Robbin is not a cop and is a corrupt smuggler who got betrayed by Phil, I know that Meldy has a child and I also know that Robin killed her, not you and you also took care of her child" she stared at me with widened eyes, too shocked to speak something. Doing myself a favor by putting her in more shock, I spoke again.

"I don't care for any of you, I don't know why you and Robbin are manipulating me to use me, I'm just here because of my mom, Andrea. I don't want to help you with solving a mystery, I just want to know who my father is and what all this has to do with Andrea." She didn't speak anything, just stood on the spot, too shocked to even breathe.

"Boom, Shay, you blew it!' Alex jumped as if he is watching a cricket match where his team was winning. "nice one, I wish I had popcorn, hey Christy" he turned to face her "got a packet of popcorn?"

"Shut up!" She mumbled dangerously.

"Just sit back and enjoy the show" I whispered before shoving him hard with my elbow. He stumbled back and smirked as he looked between us.

"Robbin is trying to manipulate you to kill me, yes" she added as she saw my jaw-dropped face. "He wants revenge from both the sisters, he used me as a medium to kill her, and now he is planning to use you to kill me. I escaped by making me mentally disabled which I'm not yeah, I faked it so that I can tell you all this but, you don't have a way out of this"

"But why he has chosen me?" I asked.

"It's none of your business" she mumbled and before I could even finish my first word, she intentionally raised her voice to cut me off.

"You have to listen, I will not lie now, you know everything now and so do I"

"You don't know everything" I put my guard down as I fought back the urge scream and cry. Gulping the sorrow away and gathered all that was left in me, I spoke.

"Mr. Phil is dead. when we were talking, someone shot him on his head from the window and left."

"WHAT???" She said, a tear rolling down from her face.

"It's true" Alex mumbled as he wiped his tears. I wanted to lose myself and cry but I can't, I had to keep the spirit alive, I can't just see my friend getting hurt or see me crying. I placed a hand at his shoulder and squeezed it tightly. He peeked at me and nodded as he smiled.

"That git!" We both almost jumped as Christy yelled again. Damn it!! That girl can't survive without yelling and scaring innocent people. Sometimes, I doubted that was she even lying about her mental state. She probably needs treatment or something.

"Phil was a good friend of mine and so was Andrea" She spoke after relaxing a bit. "Meldy gave the diary to Phil and gave that small letter to Andrea so that she could give it to me when Robbin's not around."

"I know" I replied.

"You know that I played bluff and told you that I'm Meldy don't you?" She asked. I nodded and she continued.

"I said that because of my reputation, you won't believe me, I feared to trust you and I feared....." Her voice trailed off. Her hands, balled into fists and her cheeks all wet as tears rolled down her eyes. I slowly went forward and hesitantly touched her hand and before I could react, she yelped as she yanked me into a warm hug. I rubbed her back as my chin rested on her shoulders.

"It's okay" I mumbled. She kissed my forehead and pulled away. And I went back to my place where I was standing earlier.

"I feared that you will never accept me, Shay"

She glared at me and spoke.

"Andrea never gave you back to me, that's why I threatened her when I got to know where she lived".