(26) Spotted

The song above is Rocket Man by Taron Egerton

You can read ahead on Patreon now. Use this link to find out more: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

So I don't think I've mentioned this but this book is in two parts. We've just finished part one. Chapter 27 will be part two. The reason I decided to make this book into two parts was so that I could focus on Celeste and Lazarus. You will see that part two is a lot different.

Word count: 2510

I returned inside a few minutes later and found Georgia talking to Ellie

I returned inside a few minutes later and found Georgia talking to Ellie. They seemed to be having an intense conversation, so I held off from approaching them immediately.

When they parted ways, I followed Ellie to English. I managed to catch up to her and tap her shoulder. She turned her head towards me and threw me a breath-taking smile.

"So, Wilder said he saw you and Lazarus getting...close," She mentioned, trying and failing to be casual about it. Her excitement was practically bursting out of the seams. the seams.

I looked away, fighting the blush threatening to spread over my cheeks. Of course, Wilder told his girlfriend this. Ellie was probably sharing this information with Georgia who was going to question me the second I was alone.

"You got anything to add?" She queried, arching an eyebrow.

I shook my head, causing my hair to splay around my face.

When my eyes landed on Lazarus in the classroom, my blush deepened. He smiled knowingly and beckoned me over. I could feel Ellie's questioning eyes scorching into my back.

"What happened, Celeste?" She hissed quietly as I lowered myself into my seat. Lazarus glanced up at us and tried to hide his smirk.

"Don't worry about it," I mumbled, hoping Lazarus couldn't hear it. I didn't want to talk about it when he was so close. He might hear me.

Ms. Nala waltzed into the classroom a few seconds later, a distressed expression planted on her face. On closer inspection, I realized she had been crying. I wondered if she had another argument with her husband again. She seemed to tell us about her life a lot.