(43) Attack

The song above is Willow by Taylor Swift

You can read ahead on Patreon now. Use this link to find out more: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

Instagram: lydiarose_61

Word count: 2809

My body tumbled to the ground

My body tumbled to the ground. My chest constricted—it felt like I couldn't breathe.

Terrifying growls echoed in the area.

I fluttered my eyes open and saw the grey sky. Thunder rumbled above me and a few raindrops fell from the sky, smacking me in the face. I blinked rapidly when one fell into my eye.

Slowly, I lifted myself up onto my elbows and examined the area.

I first saw Marco. He was being knocked to the floor by Dexter, who was protecting him. Dexter grabbed the wolf by the jaw and flipped him over impressively. Marco sat up, stunned. His eyes held disbelief.

He didn't have time to contemplate what he just saw because a different wolf was pushed to the ground, a few inches from where he was.

My eyes darted to Lazarus and Wilder who were working together to take down another one.

The others were gone. Marianne must have gone with them for protection.

I snapped my eyes back to the other side of the clearing where the scarred wolf was. He had moved closer and had his eyes trained on me. I gulped and sat up, keeping my eyes on him.

It all happened so quickly.

The wolf jumped forwards and charged towards me. A shrilly scream lodged in my throat.

Then, all of a sudden, as the wolf was mid-air, another wolf tackled it to the ground. I instantly recognized it. It was Lazarus.

He snarled at the wolf, protectively. His green eyes flickered to me and told me to get out of here. I didn't waste a second. I leaped to my feet and dashed off.

Branches scratched my body and treacherous roots threatened to trip me. Once again, the thunder crackled deeply in the sky. More spots of rain trickled down.