(33) Trauma

The song above is Little Talks by Of Monsters And Men 

You can read ahead on Patreon now. Use this link to find out more: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

Instagram: lydiarose_61

Word count: 2676

I didn't know where to begin

I didn't know where to begin. So many haunting memories flashed in my mind, tormenting me. Lazarus was holding me close to his side. I appreciated him being there for me—I needed him.

Right now, when I was about to wander down the dark path that was my mind, Lazarus was my lifeline. I needed him to help me get through it.

I sucked in a breath and mentally prepared myself to relive those moments again.

"It all started when I was seven. A man with a large scar down his face tried to kidnap me." I revealed. My voice wavered at the mere mention of him. "Luckily, Georgia's dad managed to stop him. I didn't see him again for a few years but I had nightmares about him a lot. I could remember looking into his eyes. They were so dead—lifeless. I had never seen anyone with eyes like that before and I've never seen eyes like that since."

It was taking so much for me to say these things. I never had to explain all of this before, in front of three intimidating looking people.

"I didn't see him again until I was ten. It was Georgia's birthday and we were shopping at the mall. I went to the toilet with Georgia and as I was walking back to the lunch hall, I was grabbed. It was him. He was back for me. I thrashed and kicked in his hold, crying my eyes out until I ran out of tears. I tried everything to get away from him but he was too strong. Thankfully, it was a busy day at the mall and they had more security. I got away with a few bruises; he disappeared again."

Lazarus tightened his hold on me. I could feel the waves of anger rolling off him. He wanted to find this man and hurt him but he also wanted to be there for me.

"The third time I saw him was when I was fourteen. I was starting to think he had left my life for good. Things were looking up. I was at the library—the place Leah worked and was completing some homework. I sensed him before I could see him. Leah saved me that night. If it wasn't for her, I don't know if I'd still be alive," I continued. Gratefulness laced my tone. I owe my life to Leah.