Chapter Three - The Future

The day dragged on and it was finally lunch. The two teens grabbed their lunch and went to go sit with Marty's father. "Hey, y/n," George said in his usually nervous voice. Marty pulled out the chair for Y/n and smiled. Y/n blushed as she sat down. Luckily she didn't have to wear a skirt because she didn't have a mom to pester her about it, Doc just gave her money when she needed new clothes but it was rare.

Marty looked at George and sat down, "Hey George buddy, whatcha writing?" George looked up and said, "Science fiction stories, about aliens coming down from other planets." Marty looked surprised, "Get outta town, I didn't know you did anything...creative?" Y/n looked up from her food and stared at Marty. She leaned close to him and whispered, "You didn't know?" Marty shook his head. 'Huh, he must not be a writer in the future.' Y/n thought. Marty drew his attention back to George and said, "Can I read some?" Goerge replied, "No, I don't let anyone read my stories, not even Y/N. I mean what if they didn't like them, what if they said I was no good? I guess that would be pretty hard to understand." Marty shook his head, he did understand. Marty made an audition tape and was nervous about sending it in, even though Doc always said he should. "No, I get it." There was a silence and Y/n spoke up, "So George, are you going to ask Lorraine to the dance on Saturday?" George shook his head, "I don't think she wants to go with me?" Marty spoke next, "Then who would she want to go with?" George put down his pencil and pointed his finger across the table past Marty and Y/n. "Biff," George said. Biff was sitting at a table with his hands around Lorrianes waist saying, "I know you want it, I know you want me to give it to you." Lorraine slapped his hands away and said, "Shut your mouth, I'm not that kinda girl." Biff's goons 'ooohed' behind him. Marty stood up and Y/n followed closely behind. "Get your meat hooks off of her!" Y/n yelled. Marty grabbed Biff by his shirt collar and said, "Yeah get you meat hooks off her........" Marty then realized how tall Biff was, "um, please." Marty said.

Biff and Marty were about to fight when Mr.Stickland came up and said, "Is there a problem?" Biff let go of Marty's shirt and said, "No, no problem, and since your new here I'll give you a break. So why don't you make like a tree and get outta here?" Biff and his goons walked away leaving Marty. Marty turned back to Y/N and they went back to the table where George was. "I can believe he said it wrong, it's 'make like a tree and leave.' " Y/n said, rolling her eyes. Marty just laughed. He wondered if he could take her back with him, after all, it wouldn't disrupt the space-time continuum. Marty made a plan in his head that he would ask Doc if he could take her back, considering she would die in the next five years or so. He also needed to tell him that to take whatever precautions necessary to save himself from the Libyans.

Time Skip

That day when Y/n and Marty got home from school, Doc was working on a model in the garage. Y/n turned to Marty and said "So, I actually have homework to do, do you wanna come to my room?" Y/n asked sheepishly, afraid he would say no. Marty blushed and said yes. They walked up to Y/n's room and she sat on her desk as Marty lied on her bed. Marty wondered if what you happen if he told the girl about her future, would she even believe him.

Marty watched Y/n do her homework, he noticed that when she was focused on something she would bite her bottom lip, eventually she took down her long h/c hair from her ponytail. 'She was absolutely beautiful' he thought himself. But he couldn't like someone from 1955, could he?

When Y/n was done, with her homework, she turned around to face her bed. "Marty.." Y/n wondered why he was just staring at her. Sometimes she could be incredibly stubborn. "Y-Yeah, what?", he said breaking out of his trance. "What's your plan to get George to take Lorriane to the dance?" Y/n said sitting next to Marty on her bed. "Well he mentioned not wanting to miss his favorite show, 'Science Fiction Theatre'.. so I thought I'd scare him into taking Lorriane to the dance." Y/n laughed and said, "That just might work, future boy." Marty laughed with her, and then looked into her e/c eyes, a serious and sorrowful look on his face, "Y/n, I have to tell you something....about the future." Y/n pulled away and stood up, "You're not supposed to do that, whatever happens to me or to Doc, we'll find out through the natural course of time." Marty dropped his head slightly, and said, "It's really important doll." Marty stood up and continued, "In the 1960s you-" Y/n interrupted him, "No!, Marty stop you can't tell me, it could ruin future events." Marty yelled back, "Good! That's why I want to tell you." Y/n stormed out of her room and ran down the staircase and out the door. She didn't know what to do, she felt like something really bad was going to happen to her. So, she headed to the garage to talk to Doc. 

"Hey Uncle Doc, can we talk?" Y/n said. "Of course, of course. Is this about Marty?" Y/n was surprised when he said that, but he continued talking. "I know the way you two look at each other, and I can tell you like him, but he's from the future and if you left or he stayed, it would ruin the space-time continuum." Doc looked up from what was working on after he spoke. "Uh, Uncle Doc, I know that, but what if something really bad happens to me in the future? What if I don't make it to 1985, Marty didn't even seem to know me that much." Doc thought about it and suddenly his mouth dropped, "Great Scott! We need to talk to Marty, right now!" 

When Y/n and DOc went back inside the house Marty wasn't there. He slipped on the Radiation suit grabbed his walkman and headphones. Then he skated to George McFly's house. On his way over he thought about Y/n, how was it that she could be so smart and stubborn all at the same time. He cared about her and didn't want her to get hurt. True, he had only just met the girl, but they became fast friends. When Marty appeared at Georges's house he climbed up to his window. He set the headphones on George's ears and began to play a rock song. George jumped awake, grabbing the headphones. Marty stopped the music, "Silence earthling, my name is Darth Vader, I came here from Planet Falcon." 

When Marty returned to Doc's and Y/n's he opened the door to find the two sitting in the living room waiting for him. Doc was thinking intensely and Y/n face was red and puffy from crying. 

As soon as Y/n saw Marty she jumped up, "Marty what were you going to tell me earlier, about my future?" Marty unzipped the radiation suit and put his stuff down on the table near the door. "Marty, you must tell us, how do you not know about Y/n in 1985?" Doc said.