December 3: Mother's Eyes

<<William's P.O.V>>

I don't know why, but I had to tell her the truth. I can't believe I lied to her. There's something about her I can't explain. I just feel myself drawn to her, but she probably wouldn't forgive me when I said I lied to her. She would never see me again, but I had to be honest.

My father wasn't really that person I told her about. Some of it was true. He was mean to me in my childhood, but he had always been. And he didn't change, but also he died...I can't even believe I had become like him. He was a monster...a monster, who worked for the evil king. He was an assassin, and I had become like him. The thing was....I loved it...

I walked up to the girl's village, and walk through the gate. Finding people stressing around the place. Children running around, playing. Woman cleaning the blankets, making food and getting water. Men were carrying heavy stuffs from here to there, but I couldn't find her. I started walking around the village, looking after Alice. That's when I saw a burned down house, and people walking back and forth. Taking out ruined chairs, tables and beds. I walked slowly over and stopped by the person, who stood watching the place.

(Excuse me, what happened here?) I asked the man standing there.

(Oh, eh. No, something terrible happened two days ago. The sheriff and the guards set fire to the place, after the people who lived here didn't pay the tax) he said. (So, well. The couple who owned this place have been taken to jail. Poor kids, they were left alone here. Hopefully Mr. and Mrs. Greene took care of them) the guy said.

(Mr. and Mrs. Greene?) I asked him.

(Yeah, those people) he said, and looked towards a couple carrying food, probably back to their house. Suddenly a little girl came running towards them, with a guy just behind her.

(Who're they?) I aksed him, and looked at them.

(Oh, those are the kids. Eleanor and Thomas Garner) he said, and looked back at the house. Wait? Garner? As in Alice Garner?

(Garner? Are they relative to a girl named Alice?) I asked him.

(Yeah, we haven't really seen her since yesterday afternoon. I wonder where she could be) he said, and I started walking towards those people before he could say something else. 

(Excuse me. Do you know Alice Garner?) I asked the guy named Thomas.

(Yes, she's my sister. Why?) he asked me, started to get curious.

(I just wondered where I could find her) I told him.

(Eh, I'm sorry. I haven't seen her since yesterday. She maybe at her secret spot, come. I'd show you) he said, and I started to walk after him. (Wait, can I trust you?) he asked and stopped me. I notice he was almost going to take his sword up, but I stayed calm.

(I just need to talk to her, that's all. Then I'll be leaving. I met her two days ago, with her friend Maiara) I told him. 

(You know Maiara?) he asked me.

(Yeah, well, sort of) I told him, and he nod still curious about me. I knew that, I knew how he felt right now. He started walking again, and I followed him.

We stood suddenly in the middle of the woods, with almost nothing around. Just some trees, and a huge snow pile. Thomas started walking towards the snow pile, and stopped fast that I almost crashed into him. He turned to look at me fast.

(What's your name first?) he asked me.

(William Hampton Jr) I said, and hold out my hand, but he didn't grab it. He just turned and continued to take away the snow. (What is that?) I asked him.