Loki

"Mary" I screamed frantically. So far I've looked up and down the academy so much that I anguish was starting to overtake me. Whoever is doing this is creating the Norse magic which is forbidden on the grounds of heavens academy. I wanted to scream with frustration so I ran back to my room, tears rolling down my cheeks. I dried my eyes and slammed my mahogany door shut. I went to lay on my bed and noticed a silver and black envelope lying on my bed. I opened it frighteningly.

" Hello sweet Caroline,

My name will not be mentioned on this note since names can possess power. You need to understand that your brother and sister are safe from danger unless you don't turn yourself in. You have the book to create the vortex. Follow the instructions carefully; you don't want to see your family dead. See you when you arrive.

-one you never want to threaten"

I stood there in shock suddenly frightened by everything that was going on. I looked at the cursed book and wanted to hurl it at a wall. How could someone do this to me! I just got my sister back and no one was taking her away again!

It was about midnight when I snuck out of my golden room wearing my blue satin nightdress which was my mother's favorite. I went to the falls in the cave of gems, which is coated in rubies, quartz, emeralds, sapphires, opals, amethyst, aquamarine, jade and moonstone, all sparkling with sunlight qualities so I can understand the dialect I am to translate for any recipe.

I opened the page titled "How to create a Vortex" and was shocked by the ingredients necessary to produce it. " ½ cup of water love," I sat there confused for some time when I realized that the waterfall was called Water Love, " ⅔ cup of merry sand. 2 tablespoons of memories. 1 pledge of green fabric." Although these were odd instructions, I had to figure out a way to save my family. I made a hole in the ground about three to four inches deep and started to mix the ingredients together. It made a gentle ocean noise as I poured the Water Love in the hole I dug. Then, I added the sand which caused laughter to erupt from all around. I then chose my favorite memories, the one of me hugging my mother and the reuniting of me and my sister. Finally, I added the fabric and it was still for a moment and suddenly shot up like a geyser however when I neared the dangerous swirl of green, my features remained the same. I was starting to worry that I did something wrong but there was only one way to find out. So I took a brave step forward to see where it was going to take me. When I stepped through, I was immediately hit by a wave of heat.

I looked around to see if anything looked familiar and noticed a manor in the distance that my gut was telling me there is darkness surrounding that establishment. I ran towards it. My cross necklace was cold as it laid at the top of my chest. How it remained cold in this wave of heat I don't understand though I am thankful about it. As I neared the front gate, I saw many deadly nightshade flowers blooming the color of ash gray. I made it through the front door and halfway up the grand staircase when I heard a cry. Thomas! I thought and ran towards the noise.

I approached a door that was currently locked although I could hear my sister begging not to hurt them. I started kicking at the door with deep frustration only accomplishing a foot sized hole in the corner until I discovered a massive branch which I then proceeded to swing at, with every amount of energy I had, at the door. Finally about ten minutes in I got a hole big enough to put my hand in and turn the key. There before me, I saw my sister and brother in a cage made of tungsten pride and dignity showed the torture they have endured so far in their eyes. Anger rolled in my mind like a ball going down hill that I started to push at the cage multiple times but it wouldn't budge. "Mary is Thomas alright?" I said frantically that I could've been too late for him to live.

"No," Mary said, her voice hoarse from the air, "I don't know how long he has left."

"Well, well, well. Is it not the three people I needed for the spell to regain my original magnificent figure back, " a boy said hidden deep within the shadows.