Lost but Found

"I promise you that you will have fun!!"

If wandering through a forest with no idea as to where I'm headed is anything even related to fun in Brynne's opinion, she really needs to get her head checked.

I had only agreed to come because of the numerous pictures I could take (and also because Brynne had blackmailed me, but that's not important.) And now, I'm here, rambling through a maze of viridescent trees!

Bee, is sooo dead!!

But only after I get out of this place!

I don't even know where the others are, one minute they're there and the next they're gone! How do I manage to get into such messes? I don't know where I am going, nor do I know where I am right now!

I'm going to say it! Even if I don't want to - I'm lost!

That's it - I'm lost. And I have no idea what I'm supposed to do!

If this is what Bee and the others wanted, they have achieved it. I admit defeat. But if it isn't...

I'm 1001% sure that they're up to something, they wont just randomly leave if they're not. And if it is not just a coincidence they would have been looking for me. In fact, they would have found me by now! Something is definitely fishy!

I just have to figure out their objective!

"I know that you are out there! You can stop pranking me now!"

As expected, I didn't receive any answer!

I kept walking, hoping that it would lead to some familiar spot. What I did not expect, was to see Aru, roaming around, looking lost.

Is this part of the prank too?

Only one way to find out.

"Hey, Shah! Over here!"

"Aiden!" she exclaimed, her eyes wide. "Where are the others?"

Wait.......she doesn't know where they are?

"What do you mean? I thought that they were with you!"

"They were. Then they're not! Like - 'poof'! They just disappeared off the face of the Earth."

If this an element of their antics I must admit, Shah is good at acting. If not.....

"They're pranking us aren't they?"

Ok....I have a feeling that she isn't involved in the prank.

"Yeah......I guess!"

Her eyes glinted dangerously, "The nerve, the audacity! How dare they try to prank me?! Oh just you wait until I get my hands on them!!!"

"I'm sure that I can wait before that happens, I can wait for a very long time, thank you........but I don't understand why! There must be a reason right?!"

She was quiet for a minute just looking at me. One. Whole. Minute.

"Umm.....I may have a vague idea......about that!" she murmured. There was a light tinge in her cheeks, so faint that I almost missed it. And her eyes were downcast, as if she was a bit...........embarrassed?

I have to say that I was suddenly very embarrassed too! The gravity of the situation had finally sunk in. Brynne had been shipping me with Aru for a long time now. She said that I loved her! And that she liked me back! The very idea of Aru liking me is almost as absurd as me liking her!!

Bee being Bee had left us, alone, in a forest. And we have no clue on where to go or even where we are!!

If we ever do get back I'm going to help Aru get revenge on them! I never thought I would say this but I never thought that I would ever be lost in a forest with Aru either.

Just as I was going through the various solutions left for us to follow, a droplet of water fell, right on the tip of my nose.

Aru noticed and giggled, before a drop fell on her too!

Which was followed by another. And another.

One glance at the shrouded sky told me that it would only get worse!

"Aru, we have to get out of here before it becomes worse!"

"Hmm that really puts a damper on things!"

I chuckled. The look on her face was enough indication to show that the pun wasn't intended. Suddenly her eyes twinkled mischievously.

"Aru, what are you thinking about?"

I was scared! And I have every right to be! Last time, she had convinced a purely innocent child that his shadow was evil, and would eat him if he didn't run!!

"Oh, just the usual! Like you know, how to murder your sister, etc."

"Nope, your thinking about something else. What is it?"

"Well, have you ever danced in the rain?"

I was taken aback by the question.

"Dance? In the rain? Of course not!!"

"Are you willing to try?" she asked, eagerly awaiting my answer.

She looked so keen, I just couldn't bring myself to say no. Plus, it seemed like a fun idea. I wouldn't mind.

"Actually, it sounds cool."

Her face lit up on hearing my answer. Her eyes brightened and when she smiled......I had to smile too. Not because her lovely smile was infectious, but because I could see that she is happy!

Seeing her like this, I wanted to make it my life goal to make her happy.

So I grabbed her hand and pulled her to dance.

The sound of rain echoed its way into my ears as I watched Aru dance in the beauty of it.

I danced too, but only for a bit. I observed Aru, dancing, jumping and spinning around in the rain; as if everything was washed away by the rain, leaving only pure joy in its wake.

She was making me forget everything, I was getting lost.

Not in the forest (I'm already lost in the forest) but in her!!!!

Aru turned to look at me, and I was lost (for the third time today, I must have a record by now) in her eyes. They were dazzling, but not so much because of the color or the shape or even the gleam that's always there in them, which I love. But in the words that lie beneath them.

The words that could never be spoken, or read.

At that second it struck me like lightning! I knew I was wrong. And I was happy to be wrong.

"Come on Wifey! Loosen up!" she laughed. That seemed to brighten things up much more than the sun ever could!

"Dance with me."

And that's precisely what I did.

We danced and laughed, not caring about the time at all.

"I promise you that you will have fun!!"

I AM having fun. It's the best time of my life!

Thank you so much Bee, for everything. For giving this opportunity. For knowing me better than I know myself. But mostly for showing me the truth.

I am very much in love with Aru!

//So I've tried to combine all elements, including Brynne's shipping. I've posted this on my tumblr also but for those who hvnt read it, hear ya go, 'njoy!!

~ That crazyyyy racoon //