Chapter 17: And so it begins...

Sorry it took me a little longer to update... something was messed up with my computer, but I fixed it! Anyways, on with the story! Hope you enjoy it!!! ;)

_______________________________________________________________________________

   "Hurry!" Mira whispered harshly while pushing the rest of the girls in through the back door, "Make sure no one sees!"

   "But Juvia wanted Gray-sama to see Juvia's dress!" Juvia pouted, but followed Mira's orders.

   "Oh, don't worry!" Mira winked, "He'll see soon enough!"

   "Gah," Lucy groaned, "I really hope Natsu doesn't mess this night up..."

   "If he does, I'll kill him," Erza drew out her sword.

   "No need for that!" Mira laughed and shoved the two of them after Juvia.

   "I wonder who'll win me?" Wendy wondered aloud, "You're all so pretty... I won't have much of a chance..."

   "Don't worry about it!" Cana nudged her while chugging down a bottle of wine, "The younger guys will be all over ya!"

   "All over... me?" Wendy paled several shades.

   "Oh, just hurry up," Mira flung the two of them through the back door.

   "Calm down, sis!" Lisanna laughed.

   "Now everyone will see who the real woman is; especially that over-grown buffoon," Evergreen smiled mischievously.

   "I don't really care," Levy laughed nervously, "I just hope I'm not left with someone who... you know..."

   "Don't worry, Levy!" Mira smiled and pushed them on, "It'll work out for the best."

   "Thanks... I guess..." Levy still looked a little uncertain.

   The door swung shut behind them, enveloping the nine girls in darkness. It smelled a little musty, and dust was caked to the ground. Though none of them could see, all of them could tell that the room wasn't very big.

   "Where... exactly are we?" Erza's voice sounded not too close from where Lucy was standing. In fact, she didn't sound that far away from anyone.

   "It-It's dark," Wendy whispered worriedly.

   "Juvia wishes..." Juvia sighed.

   "You wish that 'Gray-sama' was here," Evergreen tutted.

   "No!" Juvia retorted, "Well... yes... maybe..."

   "Oh come on," Lucy laughed, "It's obvious that you like him! I mean, you've made that clear ever since the whole 'Tower of Heaven' business."

   "Yes, but..." Juvia sighed sadly, "Juvia wants to be independent... and Juvia feels like... Juvia is driving Gray-sama away..."

   "Don't worry, Juvia," Mira giggled, "I've got that all under control," and the lights flew on.

   "My... eyes..." Levy squinted, blinking rapidly.

   "Are we... in a storage room?" Erza frowned.

   "I guess so..." Lisanna's eyes widened.

   "Yep!" Mira smiled and sat down on an empty cushioned seat hiding behind several boxes, "It happened to be right behind the stage, so I thought this would be the perfect place to hide out!"

   "I never knew this place had a storage room..." Lucy glanced around in awe.

   "Um... guys?" Wendy whispered.