Chapter 8: Something is missing.

Alice

I actually said yes. Wow.

Well, it's just lunch, Alice. Don't worry. Just lunch.

Dean and I step inside the elevator, and just as we turn to face the door I see Elijah making his way over to us, looking less than impressed when he approaches the elevator.

God, please close the door...

And they actually move, but before they meet right in the middle Elijah somehow manages to slip inside, almost stumbling into me but catching himself just in time. He dusts himself off, patting his jeans before he walks to the back of the elevator, his eyes intently trained on mine until he stands right behind me.

I can't help but turn once more, narrowing my eyes at him, but he doesn't react at all, just looks straight at me with his steely grey-blue orbits. I avoid my gaze and look straight ahead again, not wanting to let him win this competition.

Dean seems to notice, too. He turns around and shoots Elijah a quick but slightly confused smile before looking straight ahead, just in time for the doors to open again, sending more people in with every floor that stops. The amount of people in here force me to step backward, and I almost gasp when I hear that faint growl the second my ass collides with something hard right behind me.

Something hard that definitely is not the wall right behind me, but probably belongs to the man pressed against my body now.

I can feel his breath on my neck when he closes the distance between us, his body now flush mine. For some god forsaken reason my heart thunders in my chest, and I feel every single atom of air he breathes down my neck, inhale every molecule of his delicious aftershave...

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

Goosebumps break out all over my body, and I have to actually press my legs together when he increases the pressure on my behind, the feeling sending multiple shivers down my spine and right into my panties.

Good god...

The Ding! of the elevator almost makes me jump, and I quickly turn, seeing Elijah looking at me with hooded, dark eyes, sending me all sorts of mixed messages with his behavior.

"Alice?" Dean's voice makes me turn around, just now do I realize he's holding the door open for me to step out. He stretches his hand out to me, and I can't help but sigh, knowing I need to get out of this situation, sooner rather than later.

"Yeah, coming..." I grab his hand and follow him out of the elevator, throwing Elijah one last glance on my way out, and he almost looks pissed by Dean's hand in my own.

Well, let him... It's not like he's showing me kindness in any way.

Give him a taste of his own medicine...

Lunch goes by rather uneventfully, Dean is absolutely oblivious to the amount of women trying to flirt with him all the time, but other than that we have a rather enjoyable time

Lunch goes by rather uneventfully, Dean is absolutely oblivious to the amount of women trying to flirt with him all the time, but other than that we have a rather enjoyable time. He tells me about his parents, why he chose that specialty, and how long he intends to work for Mr. Howell...