Chapter 21: Decisions, decisions...

Elijah

It's been a month since the incident in Alice's room. I'm seeing a therapist twice a week now, which is generally a good thing if it weren't for this one goddamn rule.

"No sleeping next to, and absolutely not with anyone, Mr. Howell." I can still hear his voice in my head.

It annoys the hell out of me - the one thing I learned from that incident is that I want to be close to Alice, that I want to spend my days and nights with her. And this ridiculous rule prevents us from doing that.

I have to admit, though: Alice has been a star through and through, dealing with everything like she was made for it, supporting me in every decision and step I have to take. If it weren't for her persistence in keeping that rule upright, I'm sure I would've faltered already. But usually she's the one kicking me out of her room when the night ends.

She's working from home most of the time nowadays, but lately she has to drive to the office more often because there's some sponsorship thing happening, and Alice's blog is supposed to be the poster child for it. I'm proud of her, really, even though I definitely do not like the thought of her being anywhere close to my father.

"You're in to see Dr. Gray this afternoon, right?" Alice calls out from the kitchen, the smell of coffee lingering in the air as I step through the door frame.

And there she is, fiddling with the coffee machine with a frown on her face, her long blonde hair brushing over her shoulders when she finally gets the filter into the slot. A triumphant smile tugs at her lips, and the sole sight of that makes me want to be close to her again. Hell, she can take out the trash and still look appealing as a nymph.

I step toward her, wrapping my arms around her stomach from behind, causing her to jump a little as she turns to look at me. I place a kiss on her neck, and she instantly tilts her head, giving me better access. Happily obliging her notion I pepper kisses on her skin, already feeling how she heats up, how she releases that almost inaudible moan when she bits on her lips. "Elijah..."

There's a warning tone in her voice, but I can't help but ignore it, it actually somehow turns me on, to be honest. And so I brush my lips along her collarbone, over to her shoulders, placing kiss after kiss on her soft skin. God, she just tastes and smells too good not to touch her...

"Hmm?" My voice vibrates against her skin as I trace my lips along her jawline, and god, feeling how she shivers beneath my touch just drives mad in the most pleasurable of ways... I guess that's why I can't help but spin her around, my body pressed against hers on the counter now. Her flushed cheeks and the way her chest rises and falls with every deep breath she takes gives me so many images in my head, all those ways I could make her look that way running through my head when she just looks at me, those fiery green eyes only making things worse, to be honest...

"I need to get to work..." she whispers, but her words don't even get the chance to reach the surrounding atmosphere, my lips crashing right onto hers with as much intention as I possess.

She instantly melts right beneath my touch, the feeling of having control over her pleasure sends me on an adrenaline high I didn't know I could reach - This woman is my drug, everything about her is so alluring, so addicting...

I hoist her up on the counter, her fingers raking through my hair as she pulls me closer, our kiss growing more and more intense with every second that passes. It doesn't take long until that last shred of resolve goes down the drain, and soon I have her pressed against me, devouring every single inch of her with every intention to take this further.

But it's like she can read my mind because she suddenly pulls back, taking deep breaths as she just looks at me, those hooded eyes really not helping her case when she whispers, "It's really hard to resist you if you keep doing that, you know?"