Chapter five 🍭 Fourth Finder and family

🍭🍬🍭🍬🍭🍬🍭🍬🍭🍬🍭🍬🍭🍬🍭🍬🍭

Charlie arrived home, making sure that he would hide the backpack. Their was a shed just beside the house, and he placed it in there with the rest of the garbage. He took the knife out since his mum definitely needed that to chop up meals. Well, not meals. Just cabbage and water. He took a deep breath, licking away any blood that he forgot to clean off, then slipped through the door.

"Hello, Charlie," said grandma Georgina. Her voice almost sounded like an old radio, cracking and at some points being more quieter than other times.

"Hello, grandma." He smiled and quietly slid the knife back onto the counter. He checked if anyone was looking. Luckily, the old hags on the bed were having their own conversation about... Something... He couldn't exactly hear them due to their robotic raspy voices.

His Mum stepped in, wiping her hands with a towel. She looked up, her sunken face in a frown. "Charlie, dear, you were late again," she said.

"Sorry, mum. I was just on a walk. I'm sorry If I scared you." Charlie tried to sound as innocent as he could. He pouted, and mum sighed.

"Okay, but you have to tell me whenever you're leaving, okay sweetie? And you also have to be aware that there are bad people out there, darling." Mum put the towel down. There was a cabbage on the kitchen table and she grabbed the knife and started cutting away. Luckily she hadn't noticed the dark red and brown stains coating the sharp tool.

Charlie went to go turn on the TV, sitting on the end of the bed. Charlie could still feel Joe glaring at him. It had been like this for the few past months. He wanted him to get that golden ticket so bad. There's only two left...

Scratch that, make it one left.

On the TV was a cowboy. If Charlie hadn't seen that familiar scar faced man he would've thought it was a western movie.

"Hey Mike, you think you might shut that thing off?" Asked the reporter. Faint noises of guns shooting and yelling came from the TV the young cowboy was watching.

"No! Are you crazy?" The boy retorted, annoyance in his voice.

His mum began to speak, "he won't answer until his station break."

"Mike, the country wants to hear from you! The world is waiting, Mike-"

"Can't you shut up, I'm busy!" He turned his head to his mother, "boy, what a great show..."

"I serve all his TV dinners right here. He's never even been to the table," Said his mum, looking quite proud considering this boy was an absolute snob.

Another reporter piped up, "you like to watch TV, Mike?"

"You bet."

"What about that golden ticket, Mike? That's what we're hear for-"

"Hold it! I wanna catch this!" Mike kept his eyes glued on the screen, not blinking once.

"You like the killings, huh?"

"What do you think life's all about?" Mike whipped out a gun and, for a moment, Charlie thought it was real. His eyes widened but then he sighed in relief when no bullets would come out.

"Wait till I get a real one. Colt 45. Pap won't let me have one yet, will you Pap?" He looked over to his dad who shook his head, smiling.

"Not till you're twelve, son."

Charlie slumped over. He wasn't going to get this ticket. No. He felt the stare burying into his skull and he felt tears almost spring in his eyes.