Chapter Ten 🍬 River Boats

A/N : mf this scene gave me nightmares as a little kid so I didn't change it that much. Also fun fact: The children's actors didn't know Gene Wilder (the guy who played Willy wonka) was gunna act the way he did and they genuinely thought he had gone insane because of the strobe lights.

🍬🍭🍬🍭🍬🍭🍬🍭🍬🍭🍬🍭🍬🍭🍬🍭🍬

"Would you mind guiding Miss Gloop to the exit?" Wonka asked a small orange man. The man nodded, grabbing the screaming woman's hand and dragging her away.

"Mein Baby! Meine Babys sind tot!" Was the last thing the group heard of her before she was lead behind a metal door, not knowing that she wouldn't be seen for the rest of the tour.

"W-what on earth kind of torture place is this!?" Mr Baureguard squeaked. It seemed like he had lost all his confidence.

"Oh, that was just an illusion made by the chocolate. He didn't really explode if that's what you think. It was just how fast he shot up the pipe! You couldn't even see him! Haha!"

The children relaxed, although the parents still looked a little bit shaken. Mrs Teavee asked if he was sure, and Wonka nodded.

"You said the pressure was tearing his skin up, though-"

"Oh! Ahah! That was just a silly joke. I love to make people scared. It's just so funny to see them cry!" Wonka laughed and the parents scowled at his comment.

The little orange men from before, Oompa Loompa's Wonka called them, began to speak. Well, no speak. Sing. They sung a small and easy melody so suddenly, and the families watched the small concert in front of them. They seemed to be finishing up their job, tying up burlap bags and examining the river below as they sung. And where on earth did the sudden instrumental come from? Charlie looked around to where the instruments came from and found himself looking at a black speaker right at the end of the room. How odd...

'Oompa loompa doompety doo
I've got a perfect puzzle for you
Oompa loompa doompety dee
If you are wise you'll listen to me
What do you get when you guzzle down sweets

Eating as much as an elephant eats
What are you at, getting terribly fat
What do you think will come of that
I don't like the look of it
Oompa loompa doompety da

If you're not greedy, you will go far
You will live in happiness too
Like the Oompa Loompa Doompety do
...
Doompety do!'

Charlie clapped, although not everyone else was impressed by the Oompa Loompa's performance. They stared as the small group of orange men walked behind an opening slide door nonchalantly, quickly closing it behind them. The families looked over to the factory owner for some sort of explanation, but Wonka only pointed to a tunnel on the left. As if his mind had completely switched over, the whimsical man began speaking French. "mesdames et messieurs, maintenant nous allons faire grand petit voyage par bateau," Said wonka.

"What's he saying?" Mike asked.

"Voulez-vous entrer le Wonkatania?"

A river boat suddenly came from the tunnel at the side. The chocolate river went through it, and the river boat slowly entered the room from the other side of the darkness. It had intricate designs, small little carved swirls going across on each side. In big bold words was 'WONKATANIA', written in gold. The walls of the boat were brown, probably chocolate stains. On the top was a fabric designed in brown and white stripes. There were just enough seats for the children and once Wonka motioned for them to get in, they did.

"Wow! What a boat!" Gasped Charlie.

"Looks good enough to eat," Joe commented.

"Well that's a pretty little canoe you've got there, Wonka. Where will it take us?" Mr Salt asked.