Chapter Nine 🍭 If You're Not Greedy You Will Go Far

TW/ CHILD TORTURE AND EMETAPHOBIA
yeah hi I like child torture I guess

🍭🍬🍭🍬🍭🍬🍭🍬🍭🍬🍭🍬🍭🍬🍭🍬🍭

Charlie sucked on vibrantly coloured lollipops until they were jagged, slicing his tongue and gums. The mixture of blood and sugar delighted him. Never had he felt so euphoric. The adrenaline could kill him if he got too excited. But who gave a single shit. He would rather die happy than in a lonely old crooked house.

He stuffed little round rainbow candies into his trousers pockets, filling them to the point where they started to fall out. He tasted one, sliding his tongue across its smooth surface. The taste of exotic fruity sweetness filled his mouth. His body uncontrollably crammed it in his mouth, crunching down on its hard exterior. The minute he closed his jaw on it, he recognised it as a gobstopper. Yeah, maybe he broke a tooth, but a broken tooth was worth a taste of the blueberry flavoured chewing gum inside.

Charlie hunted down gummies hidden in between leaves of candy cane trees. So many luxurious flavours, he couldn't count how much there were. Cherry, coca cola, cream, banana, orange, strawberry, lemon, blueberry, and the rest he couldn't quite put his finger on. He crammed them all into his mouth like a famished wild animal. The combination of fruit and soda left his mouth watering, searching for more.

He ripped out branches from chocolate and candy trees, biting down on the hard shell of sugar coating. Charlie had never tasted candy cane before. He had never had the money, and even when he did, he would spend it on bread for the family. To them, it was a real banquet for a single loaf, though to many others it was a simple breakfast.

He held a chocolate coated apple in his hands, holding it by a stick. Marshmallow decorated the top. Charlie licked off every bit of chocolate until he made it to the apple, then continuing to crunch down. He curiously walked up to the rest of the crowded group who watched the gross icky brown water flow down the stream, bubbles and foam reaching to the top every now and then.

"It's industrial waste," started Mr Salt. "You've ruined your watershed, Wonka. That rivers polluted."

"It's chocolate," said Wonka.

"Chocolate?!" Parents and children turned to the flat faced man. They whispered to themselves and Veruca made a comment about how the river looked more red than brown.

"Ten thousand gallons an hour. And look at my waterfall!" Wonka pointed to a brown liquid tumbling down a brick wall and splashing to the bottom of the river. "That's the most important thing. It's mixing my
chocolate. It's actually churning my chocolate! You know, no other factory in the world mixes its chocolate by
waterfall." Wonka leaned down to Mr Salt. "But it's the only way to get it just right..."

"Jumping crocodiles, Charlie! That's the most fantastic thing I've ever seen!" Commented Joe. Charlie nodded, agreeing with his grandpa for once. He examined the chocolate pool, wishing he could jump in and drink it all up. He giggled to himself at the thought. Yes, he could definitely do that. But he didn't want to upset his icon, Willy Wonka. He watched the river flow, but his eyes trailed to movement out of the corner of his eyes. He looked up, thinking he was seeing things. However, there, in white and brown striped clothing on the other side of the river, was a small orange faced man. His green hair had been slicked back and curled at the sides, but his eyebrows didn't match. They were white rather than green. He looked calmly into the river, hoisting a burlap bag over his shoulder and dropping it onto the cement floor.

"Look! There's a little man!" He yelled. He hadn't meant to say it out loud. Apparently the man hadn't heard him, or he just ignored him, because he just continued with his work. He didn't even flinch one bit. On the bag in bold print were the words, 'SUGAR'. It looked messy though. As if someone had painted on the bag and written the words over it. He pushed the bag over the side of the cement floor which looked as though it had been split apart, pouring something into the lake. It looked peach and white coloured, hard, and angular. Juice poured out as well. A thick black juice.