Chapter Eight 🍬 Pure Imagination

🍬🍭🍬🍭🍬🍭🍬🍭🍬🍭🍬🍭🍬🍭🍬🍭🍬

"The coats go over there."

The families looked over to sculpted golden hands. They smiled, some others frowning. What an odd design for coat hangers. They placed their coats on the hands. Wonka smiled and beckoned them over to him. They obliged, not wanting to upset the world's most amazing and creative chocolatier.

"Now, if you could sign this?" Wonka guided them to a large painting on the wall. The closer the tour group got the more odd the painting was. That was, until, they realised it wasn't a painting.

"What kind of trick is this?" Asked Voilet's Dad. He crossed his arms, obviously unimpressed with what he was looking at.

"A contract," was all Wonka said. He walked up to it and grabbed a pen on the side. "If you could sign it please, children?"

On the contract was written:

'WHEREAS THE MANAGEMENT CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ACCIDENTS, INCIDENTS LIKE LOSS OF PROPERTY OF LIFE OR LIMB. AND WHEREAS THE DAMAGED CAUSED BY LIGHTNING, EARTHQUAKES, FLOOD, FIRE, FROST OR FRIPPERY OF ANY SORT-'

It was too small to read the bottom.

"I can't see what it says on the bottom!" Voilet exclaimed. She gaped at the large paper, perplexed and slightly annoyed.

At the top, were fancy looking letters, big and bold. Then as the paper went down, the writing got smaller and smaller until it was unreadable. Obviously, the parents were quite annoyed. Understandably so.

"Well I'm not signing it," said Miss Gloop.

"Oh, you don't sign it. The children do." Wonka said nonchalantly.

"Absolutely not!" Sam Baureguard held his daughters hand solidly as a way to tell her to get away from this fluky man. "My daughter's not signing anything. Now, I would like to see a proper contract which an adult can sign. I don't sign anything without my lawyer."

Wonka frowned and shrugged. "Well, I'm sorry, sir. If you're child doesn't sign they can't go in. Sorry, rules of the house."

"What kind of-"

"Cool it, Dad! I sign whatever I want!" Voilet pulled her arm away, stealing the pen away from Wonka's hand. She frantically wrote on the small space at the bottom of the print. "Just because I'm a kid doesn't mean I'm irresponsible."

"Very good decision," Wonka praised. "Who else?"

Veruca was the next to get the pen. "I'm next! And do you dare stop me!" She wrote her name next to Voilet's, trying to make it as fancy as possible. "You're always making things difficult," Veruca retorted to her father who looked down shamefully.

"Very well handled, Veruca... Augustus?"

Augustus looked up shyly. He fimbled with his greasy sugar coated fingers before stepping closer to Wonka.

"No need to be shy, Augustus. I just need you to sign is all." Wonka passed him the pen politely and before his mother could protest, Augustus wrote his name next to the others.

Next was Mike, the obnoxious cowboy. He tore the pen away from Augustus's bloated hands and wrote his name furiously next to the others. "Saw this on TV once," he began. "Guy signed his wife's insurance policy. Then he bumped her off."

"Clever! Charlie?"

Grandpa Joe pushed Charlie forward, whispering something about how he better sign or some shit like that. Charlie didn't really care about what he had to say. Charlie quickly took the pen and wrote his name. He didn't really care if it looked rushed and ugly. Either way, it looked as though Wonka was happy with it.