Chapter one

Alex

Alex looks at Jack with a smile on his face."I heard Ryan and Drake were fighting in the park after school," Alex said as he opened his soda. "Really, I'm guessing you want me to go watch it with you then" said Jack. "Well if you want to come see that's fine by me" Alex said. Jack opens his soda and finally speaks "You know if the authorities see us we will be in big trouble" "what's life without some trouble" Alex said capping his drink. "Alright I'll see you after school Alex" Jack says walking into his first period.

Alex looks down the hall to his class and walks that way " this class sucks" he said to no one in particular. "Hey do you know where Miss. Sandy is? Said a girl Alex had never seen before " Yeah she's my first period I'll take you there" Alex said flustered, that such a pretty girl noticed him. " Sweet thanks I'm Jade nice to meet you" Jade said smiling. "Oh I'm Alex nice to meet you too" Alex said leading the way to the first period of the day.

The day went by as it did every day, Drake bullying the freshman and no one caring, the gossip girls gossiping and the rest of the people going about their everyday business. At the end of the day you could feel the anticipation in the crowd on the way out. The two strongest kids were about to fight, and a lot of people were going to watch. When me and Jack got there, there were already people all around to see it noticeably standing back from them making me wonder what Ryan could do. Jack looked around and noticed every one backed up away. "So who do you think is going to win?'' Jack asked. "I don't know but these guys do" Alex said, gesturing to everyone around. " hey it's you, Alex right?" Alex turns around and sees Jade. "oh hey Jade you heard about this?" Alex asks. " yeah I did at lunch" she looks at Ryan and Drake who were moving in on each other. "Yeah that's them and we should step back" Alex says backing up as fire fly's at Drake who zips past it and closes the distance between them faster than most could comprehend, striking him with a right hook sending Ryan stumbling. Before Ryan got up Drake hit him again, keeping Ryan down for good this time.

No one was really surprised, Drake was basically king of this school for a reason. Everyone started going home and Jade and Jack looked at me. " Where to now Alex?" asked Jack who was clearly bummed that Ryan didn't last long fighting Drake. "Let's take Jade to our favorite bowling alley." Alex said, shrugging. "Okay fine by me" said Jade looking at Ryan. "before we go could we make sure he's okay at least" to my surprise it was Jack talking. "Uhh sure we can go over there" Alex said as the other two started walking over to Ryan. " hey are u going to be able to get home?" asked Jade to a semi conscious Ryan who grunted a yes in response. Jade shrugged and walked with me and Jack to my car and went to the bowling alley.