Chapter twelve: The Decision

The next morning, I walk to set wearing black leggings and a matching black tank top as I had planned to do some training before filming. Everyone seemed to be on stage already doing rehearsals so I suspect I would have the training room to myself. I had some important fight scenes coming up and I want them to be absolutely perfect so where I could fit training in, I would.

When I walk inside the training room I almost walk back out, because Dominic was here, shirtless, practicing with one of the seraph blades. He spins around and immediately pauses as he notices me standing in the doorway.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt you," I say, but I don't move.

He smiles. 'Don't be stupid, come on, let's see your moves."

Distance, Kat. Distance. You're supposed to be keeping away from him as much as possible, I remind myself. Unfortunately everywhere I looked, Dominic was there. No matter what, we end up in the same room as each other.

I snicker as I grab a blade and head towards him. I keep my eyes focused on his blue and brown eyes and not his body, as hard as it was, I had to control myself around him. He has a playful smirk on his face.

We practice moves for a whole hour. By the time we're finished we are both glistening with sweat. Both of us set the blades down.

"I remember last year before we started filming season one, you were tripping over your own feet and now you're almost as good as me." Dom jokes. He twists the lid off of a bottle of water.

"I think I might be better than you actually." I jest.

Suddenly he lifts the bottled water over my head and leans it, threatening to spill it all over me. "McNamara take that back right now."

I attempt to make a run for it but Dom has his hand wrapped around my arm.

"No." I laugh and then I thwack the water in his direction causing it to splash on the front of him. "Oops." I say innocently.

I spin around to dash outside but Dom has a different idea. He grabs me from behind and pulls me into his drenched body. My clothes are definitely all wet now. I want to be mad at him but I can't because I'm convulsed with laughter.

If Emeraude walked in and saw this, she would be judging me so hard. I can hear her voice in my head saying 'Kat why don't you listen to me?'

My mood changes in an instant. I manage to wriggle out of Dom's muscular arms, no longer finding humor in the situation. I turn to face him. A feeling of uneasiness obtruded the atmosphere. Was it just me that noticed it?

Dom's eyes look to the floor. "I'd better clean this water up before we get into trouble."

"I'll do it, it was my fault," I respond.

He puts a hand up to stop me. "I'm the one that started it. Plus, I'm sure you're going to want to change into something else."

Nodding, I reply, "Yeah, I definitely do."

When I begin heading for the door to return to my apartment, I freeze. Boldness possessed me. I decided in a split second that I couldn't keep this up for any longer.

"Dom." I say as I swirl around.

He's crouching on the ground wiping the water off the floor with a towel. Dom glances up at me but continues to move the towel in a circular motion. "Yeah?"

My heart is racing and I have to take a deep breath before I continue. "I have to tell you something important."

Dominic stands up. He is completely focused on me. It makes it harder to speak. "Okay, I'm listening."

I gulp. "I uh, decided that I want to go to England with you."