On the Run

'Nightmare is in his Passive form here, think of him in a hoodie though not fancy clothes

They are all 5 years younger:

Killer, Error, Cross, Ink, Fresh- 12-7
Horror, Blue- 11-6
Geno, Reaper- 15-10
Violet, Dust- 13-8
---

Nightmare sighed feeling hopeless.

He looked at the little Soulings around him. He wished he could give them everything and anything, but he couldn't.

He flinched when a siren passed the shelter.

One whined the noise bothering their sleep. Nightmare quickly shushed them, rubbing their skull comforting them.

Once the siren and light disappeared, Nightmare sighed in relief. He couldn't sleep now that the police were more alert. He wished his brother was with him.

He teared up thinking about him, they properly killed him by now.

Nightmare watched the five sleeping figures, all of them skeletons. All unique and beautiful.

'I will protect them with his life' He thought determined. He just needed to get out of town first though.

---

Nightmare and the little Souling walked through the city. Trying their best not to be seen. The Soulings knew of the dangers of being spotted.

One of them is still asleep, he was the youngest, and Nightmare thought that he wouldn't make it. He had a big crack at the side of his skull, he got it when...they were attacked, taking the others, and his brother...

Nightmare shook his head and continued.

"Mama? are we going to be okay?" Nightmare looked down and saw the second eldest. He was about 8, his name Dust. Nightmare kneeled down "We will, I will protect you guys" he tired a smile. But Dust didn't look too happy but tried to look happy.

"But who will protect you Mama!?" shouted a little skeleton. He was 7, his name Hatred, but disliked his name a lot. Nightmare didn't know how to answer his questions, who will protect him?

"I will" Came a smooth voice, it was the eldest, Reaper, age 10. He was strong, even for a little skeleton. Nightmare knew there was something deeper for this one.

Then there was Error and Cross, the two also 7.

Cross was very skittish and stayed by Nightmare's side, but also was very strong for a kid his age.

Nightmare got off the ground and made sure they were all around him before continuing. But that's when he heard a siren. Cross jumped and stood in front of Error, reacting fast. Reaper next to Dust while Killer behind them with a knife out. Horror woke up in Nightmare's arms.

A cop car with a bunch of vans pulled out in front of the alleyway. Nightmare knew for a fact that there was a dead-end and he's sure they blocked off the other entrance.

They were trapped.

"Leave us alone!" Nightmare yelled, holding Horror tightly, he was crying, getting a panic attack. They got out of there cars and vans, people with lab coats and guns.

Nightmare was shaking, he couldn't do this and protect them all. "Just come with us peacefully and no one will get hurt," they said. It was a human with a lab coat on.

Nightmare couldn't use his magic, they had put the shields that blocked all magic days ago, no one could use their powers.

Reaper and Cross wanted to protect their family. Cross knew Error wouldn't be able to defend himself, he has a fear of touch and would crash and panic if anyone got close. He would stay close to him, knowing Dust and Reaper could help Killer and Horror, even Mama.