Kabanata 39

For the past years, I know how Ate handled her pregnancy very well. The father of her child wasn't there to support her yet she's doing her best to stay strong for her and of course, Tarina.

But somehow, I saw her struggles. Not financially but I know deep inside her is struggling. Bearing a child isn't as easy just like how everyone thinks. Just from taking care of the baby, you will struggle hard. But then, of course, being a mother is the best feeling ever.

I never planned to have a child this early. I can feel my sister's pain in her first days of pregnancy. The nervousness.. I suddenly felt my anxiety coming close to me. Lumapat ang palad ko sa tiyan ko at marahang hinaplos iyon.

My phone vibrated on my lap while I was inside the taxi.

From : Hunter

I can't sleep on your side tonight. I have to fix things about my family. Is that fine? Are you home now? I'm sorry.

I closed it and rested my head on the backrest of this seat. Pinikit ko ang mga mata ko at may pagtatalo sa aking ulo. Should I tell him? Of course, I should. This a serious matter. I shouldn't let my anger rule me now. He's the father of my child and he has the right to know about this whether I'm mad or not.

Pero natatakot ako.

What if Krisha was right? What if he just needed me because she was away? What if he just took me as a pastime for sex? What if he doesn't want this?

Humilab muli ang hilo ko sa pag-iisip. I cleared every thought in my head. This is not right. Think positive, Amber. He will never do that. He will never play you like that!

Napatayo si Mommy nang pumasok ako sa condo. I expected her to look angry and shout at me but she had a cold expression in her eyes while my sister was worried.

It's already 8 in the evening. I feel so dry because of the tears I've cried and the tiredness. I thought all my tears had drained well out of my body but when my sister came up and hugged me, I burst my tears on her.

"Are you okay?" she asked. Mas lalo pa yata akong naiyak sa tanong niya. Hinang hina ako.

My mother stood up with the glare. "Kanino 'yan?" it was cold.

Masama ang iginawad na tingin ni Ate sa kaniya at bumitaw sa yakap sa akin. "Mom, let her rest first."

"Alena, I'm just trying to know. If it's Alistair's then that's fine—"

"Hindi si Alis, My.." nanginig ang boses ko habang nakatulala. "Hunter..."

Suminghap si Ate na tila kilala niya ang tinutukoy ko kahit mukhang hindi naman. My mom's eyes widened because of shock and anger. Inasahan ko ang kamay niyang dadapo sa pisngi ko pero walang nangyari.

"And who the hell is that!" stressed na sabi niya. "Oh my god, Amber! I expected you to welcome us with a big smile, not this! Stress ang sinalubong mo sa amin!"

"Mommy!" Ate warned.

"This is exactly a deja vu!" sinapo ni Mommy ang ulo niya. "At ngayon, ikaw naman, Amber? And its not even Alistair's! Oh my god!"

"Mom, how many times do I have to tell you that nothing is between us and Alistair!" I shouted because I just can't take it anymore.

"You know that this is what the future of our company needs! And what did you do? Nagpabuntis ka sa iba! Who is that man, Amberley?" disappointed na tanong niya sa akin.

Hindi ako makapaniwala.

I swallowed hard. "He's a... member of a band—"

"A band!" sarkastiko siyang tumawa. "And what band is that? Iyong pipitsuging mga banda sa tabi tabi? Ano! Imbis na ikaw ang pakainin niya ay ikaw pa ang magkakanda-kuba para mapakain siya!"