• 4 •

~ You can run, but you can't hide~
_____

Nessa riffled through her purse but couldn’t find her house keys. She had just gotten home anticipating the rest her abode offered but her unsuccessful search irritated her.

It had been a long drive back into town, then to the car rental, a cab ride to Sally’s garage and a short drive to her apartment.

She left her actual vehicle at Sally's because she trusted the woman enough, she didn't ask more questions than necessary and minded her own business.

Speaking of minding her business, Nessa decided to truly forget Kadron.

Damn, even his name exudes powerful intensity.

Kadron Kane.

Stop it Nessa, get a grip. She really had to leave it all behind.

Rule number two clearly dictated she avoid any and all romantic relations.

Nessa took her rules seriously, didn't she?

Yes, of course. To survive and remain under the radar of anyone possibly looking for her, she followed the rule strictly.

The first five Renee came up with but the other five she did herself.

Regardless she had no intention of coming into contact with him again, if she saw him again she would run.

That was no joke.

If you can't fight, flight is the next best thing.

Take off as fast as your legs can carry and pray you don't fall.

Case closed.

The door opened after a loud ping and Nessa walked out of the elevator bumping into another body stumbling back abit.

“Hello neighbor.”

Keys forgotten she steadied herself and smiled. “Hi Mira.”

She hugged her closest friend, her only friend infact. 

The name friend she used loosely though, what defined a friend?

Someone's you kept secrets from? Someone who thought they knew you but didn't really?

Maybe an acquaintance...

Close acquaintance.

“Want to work out?” Mira asked jogging on the spot her ponytail flopping up and down.

“Oh no, I work out by walking to my car.”

She did indeed work out to keep fit but Mira knew very little about Nessa. A lot of what she thought she knew were half-lies and deducted truths.

“Good, you can dish then girly. I know that look, something happened.” Mira clapped excitedly.

What look?

Despite her perceptive nature, Mira failed to deduce realities of Nessa's life.

I'm better at hiding things than most, she'd had a lot of practice. 

It wasn’t uncommon to find her neighbor in shorts and a sports bra running from one end of the hallway to another.

Each floor held four apartments divided into two sections; with two apartments on either side.

Each side could only be accessed from a separate elevator and the apartment sets used a specific code for every single floor.

Although quite secure, Nessa was well aware even high security buildings could be infiltrated.