• 7 •

~ Just when you gain your footing, the carpet is pulled from underneath ~
_____

Nessa didn’t ask for a fight but curled her fists ready to face the person behind the wheel. No one would capture her, no one. She'd take them down by any means necessary.

Lifting her forearm to block the stern light from her eyes, she peered to see who got out of the car and noticed the number plate.

Wait, what the... My rental car? She kept her arms up ignoring the pain in her shoulders and elbows.

The passenger window slid down to reveal Kadron’s face lit by the dashboard.

“Need a ride Bonnie?” he grinned widely.

Well hello handsome, she sighed in utter relief.

Nessa brushed some of the dirt and leaves off then hobbled to the vehicle. Her pain renewed when she pulled herself in settling on the leather seat making her cuss.

Her heart palpitations slowed down to a reduced thud thankful for the good luck that came her way. The relief dissipated very quickly becoming a little pissed off since Nessa had no clue why and what he was doing there.

Did he follow me? Could I be less situationally aware, she closed the door her arm hurting from the stretch and sat back tired.

Moreover the whole thing left her shell shocked and very little managed to pertube Nessa.

She glanced at Kadron as he drove off, wanting to punch off the smugness emanating from him though his cool expression revealed nothing. He did have a hint of a smile, maybe an amused look but she couldn’t tell from the side of his face.

She cared not that it was a nice one she needed answers.

Was he a psychopath? Of course she’d get entangled with one.

Completely ignoring the perks of his instant arrival like; Darius wouldn't find her car and he appeared just when she needed, she glared at him.

Very probable it was the needing him part that ticked her off, like some damsel in distress who couldn't fight her own battles.

“Nice dress.” He started the conversation sensing her mood.

She removed the purse held to her chest by the cloth placing it beside her. She pulled off the ripped part of her dress from her arm and removed the rest from her shoulders in a bunch of awkward maneuvers leaving her waist to upper thighs covered.

The soft material tore off easily in the forest allowing her to take longer strides avoiding unnecessary tripping.

“Can I just say, you are so hot.” He added.

She had on a light skirt-like remainder of what had been her dress and a strapless bralette. Unable to protest she huffed facing him a bit flattered.

“What are you doing here?” Nessa asked as she angled her torso up and pushed the dress to her lower legs.

“Saving you.” He replied but shut up at her cold look. 

“Stalking me?” She put in for him,
bending to take the dress from the car floor and threw it to the back seat.

“Not exactly. I’ll explain everything.”

She turned to check through the back window ascertaining their safety; she could still hear the dogs barking.
Perhaps her imagination played tricks on her mind.

“Are you okay?” Directing her attention at him, Nessa faced him again and nodded.

Kadron caught her hand in his and she let him allowing his firm grip to reassure her.