• 17 •

~ T'is hard to fight the current, harder still to escape the tide ~
_____

A gentle shake of Nessa's shoulder roused her from her nap. She sat by the window in Kade's room. She blinked up at Kadron. The book she'd been reading—at a very steamy part—before falling asleep slipped from her hand.

Kade kept his thumb on the same page eyes widening when he skimmed through. He glanced at her and flipped the page back going through it. It was a good romance novel that she borrowed from Ron's room. 

"This, is nothing compared to what I'll do to you when I finally have you." He promised discarding the book on the narrow shelf beside them.

"And what's that?"

"I'd rather show you than tell you." He replied suggestively.

Oh, she wanted to be shown.    

Imagined it and dreamed about it often enough to want it, hard. Want him.

Irrespective of that, Nessa was not ready. She didn't know how long it would take. Soon? Maybe. Later? More probable.

It wasn't as if she didn't want to, because she did. She ached for it. Damn near jumped him every time she saw him.

They got pretty close on several occasions but she just couldn't go through with it. He didn't push her but Nessa knew it put a strain on him.

He could wait though, he better.

The thought of another woman drove her to total madness and, her propensity for craziness exceeded bounds he knew nothing of.

Now that they were official, he called her his and same thing applied to him.

Kade was hers.

End of story.

Also, when did that happen? Hers? Fuck fuckity fuck. Slow down.

She felt anything but slow.

Nessa stretched out her legs, feet on the floor. She rose to stand infront of her boyfriend watching his darkened eyes.

"Easy sunshine, all in due time." She pulled his hair.

He grunted from her action their eyes locking. Kadron tugged her closer. "Sweet torture babe, sweet torture."

"Are you done with business?" She changed the subject because the burgundy eyes turned fully black.

Kade spent the last two hours talking on the phone after lunch. She left him to his own devices and ventured upstairs deciding to read. Kade's collection of books thrilled her but, she remembered Ron's stash of romance novels. She opted for the later, thoroughly in a romantic mood, I wonder why.

"What are you thinking?" The question brought her back from her mind drift.

He regarded her as if trying to read her mind.

"That I'm feeling romantic." She smiled.

"I have that effect on people." He traced her collar bone.

"Is that so?" Her eyes narrowed.

"But only you have that effect on me." He smiled.

Great recovery mister, and wow. She pursed her lips lifting a brow.

"Good."

After a quick peck, he announced, "I want to take you somewhere."

"Yeah? I should change." Suddenly excited, she jumped clapping her hands.