Prologue

❤︎

Sins of Acting

Prologue

Singto Prachaya was a damn lucky kid. He had caring parents and a little brother, so he was basically never alone. When his brother wasn't around, his two best friends were always accompanying him. His family was not poor, neither rich, but they were happy. Their mother was at home, while the father worked in a big advertisement company.

What comes to Singto's character, he was known to be arrogant and quite rude to his assistants, being used to getting everything he wanted. But there was one important thing to note: he has always been determined, in an almost scary way. He knows what he wants, and when he wants something he will get it, without exceptions.

When he was five, he wanted to become the best dancer in the world. His mom was delighted to hear her little son had such high dreams, so she took the boy to dancing lessons. 

Singto got bored of it after a couple of years.

When Singto was eight, he went to his mom and said "Mom, I want to sing." And, as the dancing dream had failed, his mom was happy to afford Singto's singing lessons.

Singto quit after five months.

Finally, after countless attempts to surf, skate and play guitar, Singto saw a certain movie that made him want to become an actor. His mom was more than frightened of the thought of spending money on the boy's newest hobby; he would get bored to it, just like all the others before this one.

But Singto didn't. He never got bored of acting.

❤︎

Krist Perawat, on the other hand, was anything but lucky. Actually, sometimes he thought that someone had cursed him in his past life - no matter what he did, everything went wrong.

First of all, he had never had a real family. His mother was a drug dealer who died soon after Krist was born, and he was raised by his father who was the best kind of parent you can have rising up in bad conditions. They were poor, always living in some sort of ironical misery, never having enough of anything, but they could manage because they had each other.

Of course, due to all this facts, Krist wasn't very popular at school, but he wasn't bullied either - it was more like he would have been just air to everyone around him. He dealt with it, though, because he had no other choice. He was determined to get a better life than his own parents did, so he worked hard to accomplish his dreams.

Krist never got the chance to go to college. After finishing high school he moved out and started working in a bar near his apartment, with so little money he hardly had enough to buy food.

However, everything changed when one night a certain man came to him, asking if he would like to work in the film industry. He was more than just surprised by this sudden request - astonished, to be exact - but after hearing his salary would probably be five times higher than in his current working place, who was he to reject the offer?

❤︎

Singto joined the agency at a relatively early age of twelve, so he was basically raised to follow the rules of the film industry. There was no way he could have liked all the things he was ordered to do, but, since complaining was just a sure way to get kicked out, he tried to get used to it.

He didn't have much control over his own career; everything was decided by the director of the agency, the world-famous Johnny, and his personal manager, P'Jane. He had the right to say his opinion, though, but if the  superiors decided something, there was no way he could have changed it. And so far, he had trusted their expertise and judgement in choosing the best film roles for him.

Therefore, what was about to happen was just a very pure example of his daily life.

"Mr. Prachaya?"

Singto had dozed off for a moment, and startled at the sudden sound. He gazed around the room, trying to find the source of the voice. It was, of course, no one else but his assistant, wavering by the door uncertainly.

"Yes?" Singto replied, annoyed of the disturbance. "What is it?"

"I-I'm sorry to bother you, but P'Jane sent you this," the woman said, holding a folder in her hands. "I think he s-said it's about a new job--"

"Stop stuttering, for God's sake!" Singto exclaimed loudly, ruder than was necessary, but it irritated him how afraid the woman was of him, "Just give it to me and get the hell out of here!"

"Y-yes!" The woman almost threw the folder to him, then bowed quickly and slipped away, frightened of being in the same room with the man. Singto sighed, rolled his eyes and opened the files to study what role his manager had arranged for him next.