22

Tre

"Mekai, I'm sorry but you cant. I dont want to disrespect Jalen", I said as I held onto his hand.

"Its fine, I kind of expected you to say that", he said feeling embarrassed. "I just wanted to be at least friends with benefits because look at you. You dum fine, you a loyal ass person, you smart, funny, and your very cautious", he explained.

"Awe, nigga you didn't have to say all of that", I said grinning.

"But it's true tho", he said looking at me.

Then my phone started to buzz numerous times.

I took it out of my pocket to see Tania calling me.

"Hello", I said as I answered the phone.

"Where are yall", she said.

"We are at a red light, we are coming",  I said.

"Ok, bye", she said before she hung up the phone.

Then Mekai started to drive again. The silence was back again until we pulled to the popeyes parking lot.

"Am I still coming over for the night", he asked as he put his car in park

"Of course", I said before I opened the door.

I fixed myself up and then I closed it.

We walked in popeyes to see the line full.

"Everybody is talking about this Popeyes chicken sandwich", Mekai said before he opened the door for me.

"You don't have to Kai", I said.

"Just get your behind inside", he said as I followed his instructions.

I saw Aniya and Tania at one of the tables near the windows.

"Heyy, Tre", Aniya said before she hugged me.

"Hey, Aniya. Wassup Tania", I said.

"Hey Tre, are you ok", she asked as I sat right next to her.

"Yeah, I just got irritated", I said.

"Oh, let me tell you what happened earlier", I continued. I explained the whole situation to her and Aniya while Mekai got onto the line to order me and his food.

"That son of a bitch had the audacity to take another bitch side when that is not even his bitch", Aniya asked.

"Yeah, but he said sorry. I'm not feeling the same way I was feeling a few days ago", I explained.

"But y'all will be fine", Tania said.

"I guess so", I said.

Mekai started to walk back to the table.

"Ok so here is your chicken sandwich with your lemonade" he said as he gave me my things.

"Thank you, I will cash app you back the money", I said.

"Its fine, Tre my treat", he said as he sat down. He moved over into the seat right next to me.