Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine:

The next morning after breakfast, the most of the guys headed over to the gym for a workout, but Noah decided to swim some laps instead. When he was done, he climbed out of the pool and was surprised to see Tierney there snapping pictures with the camera on her phone. He smiled shyly as he toweled off a bit.

"What are you doing?"

Tierney grinned as she drank in the sight of his chiseled form glistening from his recent swim. She bit her bottom lip as she sat up on the sun lounger, "Documenting one of the most beautiful species of man I've ever laid eyes on." Noah blushed, but he couldn't stop the grin the spread across his handsome face. He strode over to her and leaned down, dripping cool water onto her. His amber eyes danced with delight as he looked down at her.

"You're the most beautiful woman I've ever laid eyes on," he whispered as his lips gently brushed hers. Tierney felt the breath catch in her throat and she fought the urge to grab a hold of him and pull him down on top of her. Noah's finger gently brushed her cheek as he tipped her chin up to give him better access to her full lips. His tongue ran along her bottom lip before he gently tugged on it with his teeth. Tierney's heart began to beat frantically in her chest as she ran her fingers through his soft hair, pulling his lips hard to hers. She heard Noah moan softly as her tongue immediately met his. They were breathless when they finally pulled apart. "Damn it, Tierney. The recoupling tonight can't come soon enough."

Tierney sighed heavily, "I know, I can't wait for us to finally be a couple."

"We are a couple," Tierney smiled softly as Noah sat beside her on the lounger. "Maybe not 'officially', but we are in our hearts." She felt her heart swell in her chest as she took his hand in hers. She gave it a gentle squeeze and smiled up at him.

"You're mine, Noah." His amber eyes bore into hers with an intensity she'd never felt before.

"As you are mine." Noah placed heated kisses along her jaw until she felt his warm breath on her ear, causing her to shiver in response. "You're mine, and I plan on claiming what's mine tonight." Tierney's blue eyes darkened with desire and she felt the throbbing ache between her legs as she met his gaze. Tierney groaned in frustration and lay her head on his shoulder as she let out a shaky breath.

"I'm counting the minutes." Noah leaned back and lay down on the lounger and Tierney lay beside him, resting her head on his chest. Her fingers drew circles over him as they soaked up the warm sun. Tierney's eyes drifted closed and soon she had drifted off to sleep. When she woke, she felt Noah's fingers lazily running up and down her back. She looks up at him with a sleepy smile. "Sorry, I seemed to have dozed off for a bit."

Noah smiled softly as he continued to rub her back, "Don't apologize. I was enjoying holding you in my arms while you slept. It was nice." Tierney kissed his chest before sitting up a bit so she could look at him better.

"Are you nervous at all for tonight?"

Noah shrugged his shoulders, "Not really. I have the feeling you feel the same way about me as I feel about you." He paused for a moment then looked down at Tierney, his amber eyes suddenly wary, "Unless...have you changed your mind about us?"

Tierney's eyes grew wide with surprise and she vehemently shook her head, "Not at all. It's just, we were so sure last time, then Rocco..." She looked down at her hand that rested on his chest and sighed, "I just don't want another disappointment like last time." Noah felt the muscles he hadn't known he was clenching slowly release in relief.

"I don't want anyone to stand in our way tonight either. I don't think Hope will chose me again. She's enamored with Lucas now, and she knows there's nothing between her and I." Noah brushed his thumb across her bottom lip and smiled softly, "If something happens to keep us apart again, I know I won't be able to resist being with you any longer." Tierney turned her head and kissed his palm, her tongue darting out to taste his skin, causing Noah's breath to catch in surprise. His eyes smoldered now as he looked down at her, and Tierney could see the rise and fall of his chest as he tried to control his breathing. Tierney rose up from her position on the lounger to meet his lips in a heated kiss. Noah buried his hands in her hair, gently tugging her head back, baring her throat as he ran his tongue down the soft curve of her neck and along her collarbone. Tierney moaned against Noah's ear as she practically growled in his ear.