Chapter 30

Amber's POV

"Amen to that." I muttered, eyes darting around at the three living statues, but always coming back to the angry, knife-wielding cult that stood before us, fire in their eyes and murder in their hearts.

Lyta already had her sword out, blue eyes fierce and her bronze circlet cast aside. Ana was twirling her staff threateningly, teeth bared at her enemies. And I had my axes out, letting out a sigh of relief. No more sneaking - just flat-out fighting. Looks like Operation Earthbound wasn't needed.

But Tash's eyes never shifted from the Herobrine statue, which hadn't moved an inch off its pedestal. A wary, suspicious look came into her eyes, but I wasn't too worried about Herobrine. He was still most likely a threat - Hell, everything around here was a threat right now. But I prefered to focus on the problem directly in front of me.

"You really think you can take us?" Ana challenged the group of at least two hundred Dark Soul worshippers. "We're Elementals. You can't even land a blow on any of us." But even as she said it, her eyes slid ever so slightly to the left, landing directly on me.

I tensed up. Way to tip me off, I yelled in my mind at her, my hands tightening on my diamond axes. Now I'm the dead one. For a second, none of them noticed; they were too busy hating us, for our 'sacrilege'.

But then the guy in front noticed, and his eyes narrowed as he studied me. "You are not one of the Elementals. Their power does not run in your veins."

He waved a dismissive hand at me. "You are weak. I have no time for you, mortal." He pointed at three guards just behind him. "Take care of this boy, won't you?"

Behind me, my three friends took the smart approach and slowly started backing away. "What did you just call me?" I growled, knuckles going white as I clenched my fists tighter. The man shrugged. "An insolent mortal male. It is obvious by the clothes you wear. Also, you have the stupidity of one."

For a few moments, there was aboslute silence; even the air itself seemed to be holding its breath. "You think," I said slowly, breathing becoming heavy. "That I'm. A guy?" He rolled his eyes, and spoke slowly and loudly, like I was deaf. "Yes, you are. Now stay still while these nice men kill you with pointy things."

At those words, I snapped. A red haze of rage descended over me, and Tash yelled "Take cover!" Before diving out of the way, Ana and Lyta following suit. As the guards approached, with swords instead of daggers, I yelled at the top of my lungs, "I AM A GIRL!" And then launched myself at them.

That took them by surprise, and they paused midstep. I used that to my advantage, slamming an elbow into one's gut and lashing out with my foot at another's. They both went down, one gasping for air that wouldn't come and the other shrieking in pain, clutching his smashed kneecap. Their swords dropped, clattering to the floor.

The third ran at me, but I ducked under him and brought my axe round, smashing him in the back of the head. He fell like sand, hitting the floor with his face.

There was another pause, in which the two hundred strong Cult stood there with mouths hanging open, grips loosening on weapons in shock. They hadn't expected me to hurt even one of their members, not take out three in five seconds.

Then their leader came to his senses and yelled, "Kill them! Kill the blasphemers!" And as they charged, their war cry echoing throughout their 'sacred halls', I ran to meet them.

The battle was just a haze to me, of bodies and blood and flashing steel. As I fought, I screamed things like "ABSOLUTE BULLCRAP," "IT IS THE SHIRT, YOU SEXIST PIGS" And "SEE HOW YOU LIKE GETTING YOUR ASS KICKED BY A GIRL!"