Chapter 18

Tash's POV

I looked between a terrified Lyta and a shaking Dax. It had been only a minute and things were already weird. I couldn't say I was surprised. Ana looked as confused as me, but I had a feeling it was for a different reason. "I think you've got Lyta mixed up with someone else." I told Dax carefully. He opened his mouth to reply, but Lyta spoke first. "No, it's true. I can only remember parts, but I met Dax. I was in my trance state, and I told him his prophecy, his fate, his destiny." Lyta looked at us four. "I didn't want to tell you, because we lived in a normal world, where anything out of the ordinary was feared or hated. Also, many prophets were seen as a threat and killed them for a power they couldn't control. Then this all happened, and I was ready to tell you, but in my own time." She smiled bitterly. "And then we run into the last person to hear my prophetiec ways." Dax looked guilty. "Umm... sorry I accidentally revealed your future-seeing ways?" Lyta arched an eyebrow at him. "You're lucky I can't use my water powers right now, or I'd blast you in the face." He grinned. "You'd have to catch me first. Plus, you probably wouldn't be able to even in the Overworld. Check it out." He clicked his fingers, which were suddenly enveloped in flame. I sucked my breath. "Seriously? No fair, man! Fire powers is my gig!" He laughed, then realised I truly thought that. "Dude, if you're truly one of the Allies, you'll get several powers, hopefully when we get back to the Overworld." He turned to the bars covering his windows and kick-started his flames. They melted the bars instantly, and he leapt onto the windowsill. "Wait," I said, only just remembering why we'd come here. "Is there a thing here that's controlling these mobs? Something called Virus?" Dax paled. "Virus? No. Please don't tell me he's out." And looked grim. "I'm afraid so. We'll fill you in later." Dax looked like he was going to argue, but he just nodded and looked out the window. "Now how can we get down from here..." Then he fell out of the window. I almost panicked, then looked at Loca. "Goddamn you, Loca." He winked at me, then ran to the window and leapt out. Lyta and Ana followed him, but I used my own powers to blast through the window, superhero style. Unfortunately, my aim was off and I smashed through the wall instead. I fell towards the ground, only just catching myself in time. "Ow." I muttered, gingerly rubbing my head. Ana was rolling around on the floor laughing at me, and Dax was smirking. "Nice aim, Tash." I smacked him in the back of the head and glared at the others, daring them to say something. "Come on, let's just set up a portal and leave." Dax raised his hand like he had a question. I looked at him. "Yes?" "Can I blow this place up first?" I facepalmed. "Why didn't you escape in the first place if you had fire powers?" Dax looked insulted. "Because I can't kill fireproof mobs with fire! Plus there were at least forty of them." I stared at him for a few more seconds, then relented. "So, have we got any obsidian?" Lyta reached into her satchel and produced ten obsidian chips. I raised an eyebrow at her. "And that will help us how?" Lyta pointed to Loca, who simply looked at the chips. They floated into the air, expanded rapidly and formed an obsidian Nether Portal. But then it shuddered, and turned back to chips. Lyta looked confused. "What just happened?" Ana glowered at the castle. "We're too close to evil. We need to get away." She jumped, snatching up the chips, and ran for a hill of netherrack behind the castle. "I'm starting to hate hills." Loca muttered, and flew after her. I made to follow, but then a noise sounded from behind me. I turned in time to see a very angry pigman stumble from the stubble, spot us and shriek in rage. "Dammit." I said, and threw my sword. It sliced through its skull, and it dropped dead. I turned and ran, with Lyta and Dax hot on my heels. A shriek sounded behind us, and I knew we were being followed. "I'll hold them off, just keep running!" I yelled to Dax and Lyta, before spinning around to face the mobs. Lyta kept running after a moment's hesitation, but Dax stayed behind. I glanced at him. "Stubborn, aren't you? I like that in a guy." I blasted flames, and a running wither skeleton suddenly found himself without legs, and crashed into the ground face-first. Dax wriggled his fingers. "I've been waiting for this for a long time." His hands moved in a circle, and a fireball slowly began to form, growing larger and larger until it was the size of a block. He thrust his hands out, and it rocketed towards a small squad of wither skeletons. "Haven't you got a sword?" I asked conversationally, while I shot a blazer backwards. "I left it in my village." He said sadly, watching the skeletons shriek. "I haven't seen the Overworld in years." I patted him on the shoulder. "Don't worry about it. You can have a new life with us." He looked at me hopefully. "You think so?" I smiled at him. "I know so." And, despite the fact that I'd just met this guy, I was determined to give him a new life, a second chance. Then I realised something. "Wait. Aren't these skeletons fireproof?" I turned just in time to see a skeleton lunge towards me, sword outstretched. Dax came from nowhere, tackling the skeleton. He snatched ul the sword and stabbed it with its own weapon, then scrambled to his feet. "I think we've held them off long enough. C'mon!' He tucked the sword into an empty sheath on his belt, seept his hands down and rocketed upwards on a jet of fire. I followed suit, quickly learning how to navigate the twisted landscape. Loca and Ana were running on air - literally. Loca was holding him and Ana up a few blocks high, sprinting up the hill. Lyta was on the ground, not running up but around the hill, while the mobs were approaching. "What are you doing?" I yelled at her, but she simply kept running. I started to lower down, but she yelled up at me, "No! Keep going, I know what I'm doing!" I scowled, but headed for the hill. I touched down safely with Dax, just behind Ana. Loca was waving his hands, and the obsidian chips were growing, forming into the Portal. It solidified, but didn't light up. "How do you start this thing?" I asked, and Ana gave me a derr look. "Fire, moron." I blushed. "Riiight." I looked at Dax. "You do the honours." He tapped his fingers against the obsidian frame, and purple swirls sprang to life. I slapped him on the back in approval, then turned to the hill. Lyta was running up the hill, then stopped and threw a shiny object on the ground. At first, I couldn't see what it was. Then there was a spark, and I understood. "She's blowing up the hill to bury the mobs and the castle! Get in, now!" I yelled, and shoved Dax through the Portal. Ana wanted to stay behind, but Loca picked her up and tossed her through. He snapped out his hands then curled his fingers, and Lyta shot towards him. There was a hissing sound, and I grabbed Loca's arm. "Any time now." He grunted in agreement as Lyta hurtled towards him, looking calm and determined. I could see the mobs getting closer, closer as the hiss grew louder. "Now!" I shouted, and pulled him into the Portal. I reached out and grabbed Lyta's hand, and as I blacked out, the world around us exploded, a scream ripped through the air, and bright burning fire was the last thing I saw.

Argh! Sorry for not updating, guys! I also want to say - yay! 300 reads! My friend says 500's your next milestone, but I'm happy! Also, check out my other series, Rise of the Underworld (IF IT'LL STOP DELETING MY PROGRESS)
From Le IMIZ