Maybe

"But isn't that how it should work?" Ruggie looked up at Leona. He had his eyes closed but he was listening to Ruggie. It was their way to cool down after sex, with Ruggie playing Leona's hand or hair and talking, and Leona just listening. He'd reply eventually, but it was rare for him to say anything more than a few words. But that Leona started speaking after Ruggie talked about how Jack should look for the right person. "Not that anyone should take Frena's words for anything. But I've seen him rant about love and stuff. Apparently, it's more common for it to not make sense." Leona's tone of voice changed like he was more certain of his words. Like it was all his own.

"You're driven to people you shouldn't, people that make sense, people that do something unexpected. Even someone like Vil ended up dating a fucking nerd. You can't choose and you don't wanna stop. It's like drugs, you're supposed to be the one consuming it but it ends up finishing you and makes you fall apart. Even I ended up having feelings for you when I stopped feeling lonely..." Leona stopped, realizing what he had just said. He opened his eyes and stared at Ruggie's wide-open eyes for about ten seconds.

Everything after that happened way too fast for Leona's liking. He only had so much time to grab Ruggie and hold him to prevent him from running away. He held Ruggie close, stared into his eyes, and tried to calm him down. "No! You're not going anywhere. I messed up and we're going to talk about it!" He hated to admit it. Not that he made a mistake, but that he was scared up until now. He had enough.

Ruggie was showing his teeth, trying to push and bite just to get away from Leona. "No... I think I'm good with not talking..." He wasn't. But he was scared to lose whatever he had tried so hard to obtain. His existence, his sanity, and even Leona's trust. He didn't want to lose all of it with a wrong move he knew he'd make. Despite all of that, he calmed down when he saw Leona's expression. Ruggie couldn't help but smile. "So you can make that sort of face." Leona was slightly blushing, his ears were twitching and his eyes were rough. ALmost... scared? But he also calmed down when Ruggie did. "You damn brat, stop running away from me."

They laid down again and Leona pulled Ruggie into his chest. He didn't like how Ruggie was shaking. He was always like this when he was thinking of bad things. It's not that Leona wasn't aware of the risk Ruggie might've to need to take. But Leona himself would also need to make some sacrifices and take risks. Why wasn't Ruggie as determined to throw everything away the same Leona was?

It was because Ruggie worked for everything he had while most of it was a given for Leona. All of his belonging, all the people who respected him, even the people who hated him. Even his strength existed because he was born in a place that he had every opportunity to train and become better. As for Ruggie, all he had done was to grasp into life and hope to wake up the next morning. It wasn't that Leona didn't understand. It was just irritating that Ruggie had become the most important thing to him while he probably was just a crush for Ruggie. Maybe even less, hopefully, more.

Especially after the whole Magical Shift incident (known as let's kill other students just because), he had come to realize Ruggie's worth once again. Now, he just couldn't let go.

"Leona-san... I want you to be part of my life." Leona froze at the sudden words. He didn't expect Ruggie to speak up first. "But I don't know if it's okay for me to be part of your life. What if I do something wrong? What if I make a mistake? What if I betray you? I don't want you to get too close, I don't want either of us to get hurt." What if you get tired of me? What do I do then?

Leona stared at Ruggie for a while. He looked smaller than usual. "You won't," Leona whispered. "I don't think you would. And even if you did, I'll hunt you as a ghost and make your life miserable. How does that sound?" Leona's attempt at a joke was able to warm up the mood. Ruggie smiled. "Maybe... and I could just steal some of your expensive shit and run away." Leona smiled back. "Or I'll grab everything and we run together."

They both spent the next few moments in absolute shock. Was it that easy? It wasn't going to stay easy, but it seemed too easy.

"So... we're a thing now?" Ruggie finally said. "Yeah," Leona whispered, holding Ruggie tighter as his eyes started getting heavy.