Chapter 3

Date Published: October 4 2020

Word Count: 513

Percy's POV:

" Hey, can I sit here? "

I ask the curled up daughter of Poseidon, waiting for her to nod her head before sitting down in the warm sand. We sit in silence for a while before my ADHD gets the best of me and I start controlling the lake, making dolphins out of water, willing them to jump around. Angelica stares up at me in awe, watching the show I was putting on.

" Can I do that? " She asks, her green eyes wide. 

" I think so " I raised my hand and felt the familiar tug in my gut before a column of water shot out of the lake.

We started out slowly controlling small amounts of water and after almost two hours of training, she was able to manipulate our father's domain. Angelica thrusted her hand forward and a beam of water shot up, A trick she had been struggling on for a long time. " Great job! " I exclaimed, grinning at her. She smiled back, the first real smile I had seen. 

" Next we're going to try to make things out of water " 

" like the dolphins? "

I nodded and started to form different animals using my powers, Angelica doing the same beside me. As she practiced, I noticed that the hard gaze set in her eyes had softened and her posture was more relaxed. Hoping this means she was starting to warm up to me, I turned back to the water to see my sister smirking triumphantly and a water orca jumping in and out of the waves.

" Wow, That's amazing Ange! " I said but at my words, the water animal exploded into droplets and Angelica's gaze refocused on the ground

' You just had to call her that ' I thought, mentally cursing myself  ' you've really done it this time Perce'

She looked up at me, sea green meeting sea green, both eyes broken and angry, concealing un-shed tears. 

Even though I had just met her, she was my little sister and just seeing her like this broke something inside of me. 

" It's been a long time since someone's called me that " She said softly gazing out at the lake 

I don't know why I did it but even though I knew that it could destroy the little and fragile trust that had formed between us, I leaned over and wrapped my arms around my sister pulling her into a hug. She stiffened at the contact but eventually melted into the embrace, softly crying into my shoulder. I could tell she didn't show her emotions often- and especially not in front of people. Happiness exploded in my chest when I realized that she trusts me!

The two siblings pulled out of the hug, both with a small smile on their faces.

I helped Angelica up.

" I believe the Poseidon Cabin has a Capture The Flag game to win "

We both smiled and ran to the Pavillion. 

And Scene! Angelica's starting to warm up to Percy and what will happen when the new member of the Poseidon Cabin plays Capture The Flag? What's Angelica's Fatal Flaw? And will she warm up to CHB and her cousins? 

- Daughter Of Athena 8527 <3