The Midnight Talks

Alex stared into his face, it hung limply on his neck. He looked terrible, bruised all over and he had a gash across his cheek, that will no doubt become a scar like hers. She knew this man, but how? And what had she done to get here? Alex brushed the thought aside and left for the beach, she avoided all cameras and made sure to be discreet. It was only eleven thirty but Alex needed the comfort of silence for a little. Their day had flown by, the mission had been a success in Ben's eyes, they had met with the countess after the mission. She had said well done and given them a new timetable and uniform. Alex hated the deep red uniform. After that meeting they had another training session with Bradly, she had invited him to the rocks tonight as well.

Alex sat there listening to the soft crashing of waves waiting for the others. Jordon was first, his small speck grew larger as he walked towards the rocks, he made it to Alex within five minutes.

They stood for a second both looking out at the ocean, "what do we do?" Jordon whispered.

"Wait" they needed Bradly.

Jordon glanced over at her and said, "for who?"

Alex smiled, maybe she wasn't so good at hiding things as she thought, "how do you know it's a person?"

"You're fiddling, nervous, meaning it's another human. You're worried, meaning they are important to you and if you were to get caught you would blame yourself, explaining the nerves you feel at this very moment" Jordon's analysis was startlingly accurate.

"When did you become so good at reading people?" Alex asked.

"I always have been, I just tend to cover it up with jokes and sarcasm, it's no use if everyone knows about it, so who is it?"

"Bradly"

"Our trainer?"

"Yeah, and he is right behind you" alex said turning around to find Bradly standing crossed arm behind them, "hello Bradly"

"Hey, I didn't know we had company" he said not taking his eyes off Jordon, "we have the sarcastic idiot with us"

"Hey, I'm right here" Jordon responded.

Alex laughed and smiled again, "yes we have the sarcastic idiot with us"

"So what's this about then?" Bradly asked while taking a seat on one of the rocks, the other two followed suit.

"We both need to get out of here with the rebels" Alex said.

"There are rebels here?" Bradly started fiddling with one of his throwing knives.

"Yes, we need to get them out and all of us as well" Jordon added, "you're coming with us non negotiable"

Bradly sat still for a moment, "we need a plan, tomorrow midnight meet at the cave a mile from here, you know the one?"

"Yeah" Jordon replied.

"For now act normal, Jordon be buddy buddie with Ben and Alex do whatever is normal for you and Ben"

Alex didn't want to be normal with Ben, he was so different. But she had to do what she had to do.

"We need a code only we know so we don't get tricked with a disguise or something" Alex added.

"Every time we meet show us something of yours" Bradly said, "Alex your knife, Jordon your ring"

"How do you know about that?" Jordon asked.

"I'm very observant I saw it fall from your top once during training" Bradly defended himself, "and me I'll show you my ring as well"

They all pulled out their things so they knew what they looked like, and left for the night.