Akaashi- Kisses <3

I'm sorry that it took so long to get back to this. Life is hard and I'm a sad lonely single gay who can't get a solid and safe relationship for shit.

And because I like anime characters more than real people (sometimes).

Anyway

-moonpianist- Thank you for letting me borrow from your Giving and Receiving chapter! I wuv u! <3

I didn't do any prep for this one, so I hope it's okay.

As per usual, it's in first person.

Sorry, I'm crying in single gay nonbinary while listening to al the op's and ed's.

I didn't get to go watch Akaashi play today. I felt really bad about it, but it couldn't be helped. I had a lot of chores and a pile of homework due by tomorrow morning and it needed to get done sooner rather than later. Shortly after I had finished, I got a text from him.

Practice is over. Mind if I stop by?

I responded and confirmed that it was fine with me. I cleaned up a little while waiting for him to come. There wasn't much, but at least wanted to make sure he would be comfortable and that I wouldn't be too busy by the time he got here. When I finished, there was a knock at the door. Opening it, I was greeted by my boyfriend.

"Hey," he said plainly with his usual straight face.

"Hey," I replied. "How was practice?"

He took his shoes off and wore the slippers he brought with him. "It was fine," he said.

"Did Bokuto give you any trouble today?"

He chuckled to himself a little. "Yeah, I suppose. But it's nothing I'm not used to."

"Sure, sure," I said. "Go ahead and have a seat. I already cleaned, so we can just relax."

"Thanks," he said with a tiny smile.

I grinned to myself, adoring the shape of his lips. We walked over to the couch and sat down together. When he took off his jacket, I noticed the bruises on his hands and forearms.

"Was practice that hard? You didn't tell me you had bruises!"

"It's fine," he said nonchalantly. "I'm used to it."

"Babe," I said. "You still shouldn't push yourself too hard."

He flicked me on the side of the head. "Don't be stupid. I can take care of myself."

"Yeah, yeah, I know," I sighed. "But I still get worried you'll overdo it sometimes. Nobody's perfect."

Instead of a verbal response, he leaned in and placed a short and soft kiss on my lips. I know the kiss was meant to be reassuring, but something felt off.

When he pulled away, I said, "It's not fair! You're always doing your best and taking care of me and your teammates." He looked at me, clearly confused and a little hurt.

I reached out and held his hand. I was nervous, but I wanted to show him that I cared. I turned his hand palm up and brought it near my lips. One by one, I gently kissed his fingertips. I noticed that when I did, he had started to blush a little. I laughed a little.

"You know, when I watch you play, I notice how you move your hands when you set the ball. When we're together, I notice the way you hold my hands in your own," I looked up at him.

"Is it weird to say I love your hands? They're beautiful, just like the rest of you," I smiled at him.

Akaashi was still blushing, only this time his whole face as red. He was turned away from me and he was covering his mouth with his other hand.

"Sorry," I said quietly. "That was weird, wasn't it?"

Rather than turning me away, he faced me. His face was still red, but it seems he was holding something in. He leaned in, and this time he hugged me. He had his head resting on my shoulder, buried in the crook of my neck. I could feel the heat of his body against mine as he held me. I ruffled his hair and laid my head on top of his. We sat there in silence for a few minutes.

"Akaashi?" I said after awhile. "You okay?"

"Mmmmh," was all I could hear.

"Akaashi?" I asked again, stifling a small laugh.

He lifted his head up a little. "I love you," he spoke quietly. He hugged me tighter.

"I know you do," I joked and hugged him back.

After a moment, we pulled away and he kissed me again. Short, soft and sweet kisses, over and over, still a blushing mess. We spent the rest of the evening cuddled up together on the couch and fell asleep there.

The end. <3

That took longer to write than I expected.