t w o.

[Narrator's pov]

On the private ward the atmosphere was completely different. The air had a perfumed scent and the seats were plush. Every surface was dustless. The nurses were unhurried and they moved with a serene purposefulness from room to room on their rounds. There were vases of flowers and beautiful framed pieces of art on the walls. In the corridor was a water dispenser and in most rooms could be heard the noise of a television. But this was not the case for the private room at the other end of the hallway. They were about to bring life into the world.

"Push, come on y/n! Just a few more pushes and she'll be out in no time!! You're gonna be a mother soon!! Come on y/n! you got this!!" 4 nurses surrounded Y/N Y/L/N; wife of Draco Malfoy; soon to be mother.

After what felt like an eternity of crying, sweating and yelling, newborn cries fill the room.

[Y/N's pov]
She was here. Lily Jenna Malfoy was born into the world. She was smaller than a bag of flour. Her head was a crazy mass of blonde curls. Her eyes were the glow of crystalline waters; the warmth of a hug after a long day. By now, the nurses had left the room. It was just me, Draco and Lily. I held her in my arms; and for a moment, it was like nothing else mattered in this world. I knew that i had to love Lily as much as i could. I had only just met her, but i knew i was going to do everything for her.

[Draco's POV]
It had been an hour since she was born. Y/N had chased me to get her a cup of her favourite cold brew coffee ; and i did just that. Not by magic of course. I gave up magic for Y/N, and i didn't regret it. I had been with her for 15 years; since we were kids in Hogwarts. After years of kisses, hugs, cries, cuddles and memories, I had finally gotten everything i could ever and have ever wanted.

There was nothing that could stop me from loving Y/N and Lily more than i did right now. Growing up, my father, Lucius Malfoy, never really gave me love or comfort; it was more my mother, Narcissa who was there in terms of reassurance. I was therefore determined to make sure i would be the perfect dad and husband. Y/N was asleep by the time i came back with her coffee; with Lily in her arms.

As i lay on the sofa placed next to y/n's bed, i knew, that in that moment, that i had fallen in love with Y/N all over again. It was like that first kiss in hogsmeade, as the world melted away; it felt like we were the protagonists of the world. And we truly were.